UAB is awarded with the Festa Q emblem, which recognizes festive spaces that have resources related to health and wellbeing.
Director: Poire Vallvé
The Chamber Choir is an initiative that came up in the Choir of the UAB to dedicate some time to research in choral singing from the point of view of interpretation and creation of new repertoires.
The Chamber Choir aims to go into detail about the training of singers, both vocally and musically, and to increase their dedication and commitment compared to the other members of the choir in order to introduce them to choral conducting and provide them with a more professional standard.
The Chamber Choir will perform frequently both in institutional events and in concerts inside and outside the campus.
The group will consist of a maximum of 12 members. To be a member of the Chamber Choir it is necessary to do a level test and an interview with the director.
Course information 2018-2019
Dates of the course: from October 1st of 2018 to June 30th of 2018.
Days and rehearsal hours: Mondays from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm (the first part jointly with the Choir and the second part the Chamber Choir alone) and Wednesday from 2:30 pm to 4 pm (the entire session together with the Choir).
It is recognized with 6 ECTS credits.
The admission test for new members will consist in an interview with the director and a voice and reading test in which the tessitura, the tuning and the tone will be evaluated. You don't need to prepare a repertoire. The approximate duration of the test is 10 minutes for each person.
Dates and schedule to take the admission test:
- Wednesday September 12th from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm and from 3 pm to 4.30 pm.
- Monday September 17th from 2.30 pm to 4 pm.
- Wednesday September 19th from 1.30 pm to 2.30 pm and from 3 pm to 4.30 pm.
- Wednesday September 26th from 4 pm to 5 pm.
- Once the rehearsals have started, Wednesday from 4 pm to 5 pm.
Important: In order to set an appointment to do the admission test, you need to contact Cultura en Viu once the registration has been made:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 93 581 22 04
- To have solid experience as a member of a choir and a high vocal and musical level.
- To attend the voice test and the interview with the director.
- To be willing to attend the rehearsals with regularity, as well as being available to perform inside and outside the UAB in flexible hours.
News! The members of our artistic groups have the opportunity to register for free in the Viu la Cultura activity, which is recognized with 2 ECTS credits if you certify the attendance of a minimum of 16 cultural activities planned at the Theater, the Cinema and the Exhibition Halls of the UAB.