General information course 2023/24
Director: Poire Vallvé
The UAB Choir was born in the Faculty of Medicine in 1982, when a group of students and teachers took the initiative to create a choir under the direction of Baltasar Plans. Since then, the Choir has had a very close and active participation in the daily life of the University.
The repertoire throughout his career has been very wide and varied and ranges from the Renaissance to contemporary music. The dedication and dedication of the singers is high and, apart from rehearsal hours, they perform many performances throughout the year (both inside and outside the UAB) and usually participate in university choir meetings.
To join the Choir, you need to do an entrance test and a previous interview with the director.
Dates: 18 September 2023 to 30 May 2024.
Rehearsal days and times: Mondays from 14.30 to 16.00 h and Wednesdays from 14.30 to 16.00 h.
Recognition of 5 ECTS credits (annual), or for 2.5 ECTS credits (semester).
The entrance exams for new members will be held in person on the following days:
Wednesday 13 September between 14:00 and 16:00.
Monday 18 September between 1 and 2.30 p.m.
Wednesday 20 September between 13.00 and 14.30 h.
Once the rehearsals have started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time for the test.
Once the form has been sent, you must contact email@example.com to arrange a time slot for the voice test with the choir director.
The test lasts 10 minutes per person.
It is not necessary to bring anything prepared.
- Knowledge of musical language will be an advantage and, although it is not essential to know music theory, a good ear and the ability to tune are necessary.
- You must have previous experience as a member of other choral groups.
- You have to fill in the form and send it to us
- You must be willing to attend rehearsals regularly and a certain availability and flexibility of time is required to perform inside and outside the UAB.
- New members:
- Members that want to continue: