UAB is awarded with the Festa Q emblem, which recognizes festive spaces that have resources related to health and wellbeing.
Director: Poire Vallvé
The UAB Choir was born in the Faculty of Medicine in 1982, when a group of students and teachers took the initiative to create a choir under the direction of Baltasar Plans. Since then, the Choir has had a very close and active participation in the daily life of the University.
The repertoire throughout his career has been very wide and varied and ranges from the Renaissance to contemporary music. The dedication and dedication of the singers is high and, apart from rehearsal hours, they perform many performances throughout the year (both inside and outside the UAB) and usually participate in university choir meetings.
To join the Choir, you need to do an entrance test and a previous interview with the director.
GENERAL INFORMATION COURSE 2020/21
Dates: from October 14, 2020 to May 31, 2021.
Rehearsal days and times: Mondays from 2.30 to 4.00 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2.45 to 4.15 p.m.
Validable for 5 ECTS credits (annual) or for 2.5 ECTS credits (semester).
Registrations are closed except for tenor and bass singers. In this case, if you want to be part of the choir, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NEW MEMBERS: PRE-REGISTRATION FOR PROOF OF ACCESS FROM SEPTEMBER 1
Given the uncertainty caused by the Covid-19, this year the entrance exams to the UAB Choir will not be carried out in person.
Fill in all the fields of the following PRE-REGISTRATION FORM CHOIR UAB
In the registration process you will need to attach:
- Musical training curriculum: short summary specifying the voice record (soprano, tenor ...), training and level of musical studies carried out and if you have experience in similar musical formations.
- Video / recording of your Audition / Entrance Test *
* WHAT DOES THE HEARING / ACCESS TEST CONSIST OF?
Send 2 videos or 1 with your mobile singing in mp4 format that contains:
- Presentation saying your name and surname
- A song that you like (approximately 1 minute)
- Mozart's Ave Verum * making your voice on the orchestral accompaniment.
To record you can put the accompaniment on a music device and record yourself with your mobile. Do some testing to see if the balance is right.
- Knowledge of musical language will be valued and, although it is not essential to know music theory, it is necessary to have a good ear and tuning ability.
- You must have previous experience as a member of other choral formations.
- You have to fill out the form and send the video with the entrance test.
- You must be willing to regularly attend the rehearsals and ask for some availability and time flexibility to act inside and outside the UAB.
To resolve any questions, we recommend that you attend the information session or contact email@example.com