OPINA UAB service description
The service "OPINA UAB" is a channel created by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona for those interested in transmitting to the university administration their opinions, suggestions, complaints or compliments on any of the university activities and services offered by the UAB.
Access to Opina UAB: https://opina.uab.cat
Opina UAB accepts suggestions, complaints and compliments defined as the following:
- Complaint: expression of insatisfaction related to the functioning of any of the areas of the university's activities.
- Suggestion: a proposal for improvement addressed to a specific person or university sector.
- Compliment: expression of satisfaction related to the functioning of the university in general or for a specific service provided to the user.
This tool has been designed to meet the requirements established in the internal quality assurance systems of the faculties and is adapted to the needs of the services to collect and manage user opinions, within the framework of quality assurance policies. In this sense, Opina UAB allows to obtain relevant information when assessing and improving processes and services.
HOW IT WORKS
To make use of the Opina UAB service, users must be registered in the UAB Tiquets tool. If they are a member of the university community, they only need to identify themselves with their NIU and password. If they are an external user, they will need to register with an email account. Once the account has been entered, they will receive an email with a link where they can complete the registration process, which includes two-factor authentication (see more instructions at this link).
Once they have accessed the Opina UAB portal, users must choose the type of communication they wish to make (complaint, suggestion or congratulations) and fill in the form fields: user group, recipient center or service, degree (only if they are a student), subject and description. Also, they can attach files.
When they have filled out the form, they must press the Create button to submit the request. A page will open with the details of the new ticket and at the same time the user will receive an email confirming the creation of the request.
All responses and requests for additional information are sent to the e-mail address provided by the user. In addition, they can track the status of the request from the link to the ticket that is found in the confirmation email of the creation of the request.
TIME OF RESPONSE
In the case of compliments, the tool transmits the message directly to the head of centre or service and closes the petition.
In the case of suggestions and complaints, a maximum of 15 days are given to provide users a response. When necessary, users may be asked to send more information about the petition. Once the user receives a response, all further communication must be done by filling out a new OPINA UAB form.
OPINA UAB does not accept the following types of communications:
- Complaints and observations addressed to the Ombuds Officer of the UAB. These communications must be made through the online form of the Ombuds Officer.
- Suggestions or complaints requiring a resolution in which a specific administrative procedure already exists.
- Doubts or requests for information on any of the sectors of the university's activities. These issues must be addressed to the Information Service (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Requests for access to public information (in accordance with the laws of transparency, access to public information and good governance). These petitions can be made through the online form found at the UAB transparency webpage (https://seuelectronica.uab.cat/transparencia-de-dades).
- Professional suggestions or complaints related to UAB staff members.
- Complaints related to the reparation of a situation caused by the university which the person interested considers unjust or damaging and which commonly entails some form of compensation claim.
- Complaints formulated with the aim of denouncing events which could be constitutive of an administrative offense and requesting that the competent authorities act upon them.
- Communications in which offensive or inappropriate language is used.