Higher Vocational Training Qualification



Admissions to the Higher Vocational Training Qualification are regulated by the Education Law in the section 41.

Academic requirements
What do I need to access it?

Direct access is possible for those applicants who fulfil the following conditions:

  • have a high school diploma,
  • have the diploma of vocational training technician or fine arts and design, senior vocational training technician or visual arts and design or specialist technician,
  • have the second year diploma of high school in any type of experimental high school,
  • have the university orientation course (COU) diploma or the pre-university,
  • have a high school diploma for having completed the polyvalent unified high school diploma (BUP),
  • have any university degree or an equivalent diploma, 
  • have passed the university entrance test for those over 25 or 45 years of age, or have entered the university for having accredited work or professional experience having reached the age of 40.

People who do not meet any of the above requirements must pass Higher Diploma entrance exam set by the Department of Education. To take part, you must be 19 years old or older during the calendar year in which the test is taken. 

Have you studied abroad and need to homologate your degree? You must homologate your diploma

Check all basic information about requirements and documents to be submitted. Homologation


Language requirement


If you enrol to International Trade in English A minimum command of English at B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages is required. It must be accredited with an official level certificate (FCE, IELTS, TOEFL or similar).

Don't you hold an English oficial level certificate? In case of not holding a certificate of the B2 level or equivalent, students must take a level test with UAB Languages. If results are below B2 level, students must improve their English Language skills in order to match the minimun Language requirement for the programme.

For more information on preparatory courses contact info.idiomes@uab.cat