Selected courses is for visiting students from international universities who wish to spend a semester or academic year at the UAB Barcelona studying subjects alongside local and international students.
Students can spend 1 or 2 semesters on the programme, doing a maximum of 60 ECTS in total.
For students who do not need a study visa, there is a minimum requirement of 2 subjects and a maximum of 30 ECTS per semester.
1) Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the time of application.
2) Have completed a minimum of two academic semesters or a complete academic year.
3) Language requirements:
- Students who are not native Spanish speakers and want to join subjects taught in this language must provide a certificate of Spanish Proficiency, Level B2 or equivalent.
- Students who are not native English speakers and want to join subjects taught in this language must provide a certificate of English Proficiency, Level B2 or equivalent.
Price per credit is 140€. In order to calculate the total amount of your tuition fee, you must multiply this amount by the credits you wish to take.
Students with passports from countries of the European Union do not need to carry out any administrative procedures related to visas before their arrival in Spain.
Students with a passport from outside the European Union should contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in their country to find out if it is necessary to process a visa to study at the UAB.
Students who need a visa to enter Spain will be required to take a minimum of 24 ECTS credits.
Follow these links for more information on visas by country of origin:
Before arriving in Spain, it is mandatory for students from the European Union to process their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).
It is also recommended that you take out complementary insurance for other eventualities: accident, travel or repatriation insurance, among others.
Non-EU students must contract an insurance before leaving their country. In most cases, they must present the insurance contracted to process the visa.
You can take subjects from up to two different faculties, but more than 50% of the subjects must be held in one of them.
Courses at the Faculty of Economics and Business Studies cannot be combined with courses from other faculties.
The entire process takes up to two weeks approximately.
- Should the student meet all the requirements, he/she will be required to pay of a deposit of 500€ to formalize the enrolment.
- After receiving the payment of the deposit, UAB will send the acceptance letter via e-mail, automatically, within a couple of days.
To ensure your place, once we have verified that you meet all the requirements, you will have to make the deposit payment.
The places are assigned by order of payment of the deposit. Courses with high demand fill their places quickly, so it is recommended to make the deposit payment immediately.
Tuition fees for Selected Courses can be paid by bank transfer to the bank account indicated by the Programme.
There is no deadline to pay the deposit.
Payment of the total tuition must be made within the established deadlines, depending on the semester.