During the semester
Consult with the professor about attendance policy since it may vary according to the subject.
Students with private medical insurance:
We recommend to ask your insurance company before arrival which doctors and hospitals are included in your policy.
Students with a European Health Card:
In order to receive medical assistance, you must present your European Health Card at the primary healthcare centre (CAP). Consult your corresponding primary healthcare centre.
Urgent medical assistance:
1. On the main UAB Campus in Bellaterra:
- You can go directly to the UAB Healthcare Centre.
Opening hours: de 9 a 20h.
Tel.: 93 581 18 00 / 93 581 13 11
Location: Avda Can Domènech - Edifici F - Campus de la UAB
How to get there
2. At the UAB Barcelona Campus:
- You can go directly to an emergency hospital. The closest is (at 5 mins. walking distance):
3. You can also use the local emergency telephone number: 112
Health Insurance and International Emergency Protocol:
International students residing in Spain for their studies are required to be enrolled in a health insurance programme covering COVID-19 treatment.
For more information please see our International Emergency Protocol.