Specific Programmes for International Students

Before arrival

You can take one or two semesters among Fall, Spring, May or Summer, taking a maximum of 60 ECTS credits in total.

  • Fall / Spring: you can take a minimum of 12 ECTS and a maximum of 36 ECTS. In the case of applying for a visa, the minimum number of credits to take is 24 ECTS.
  • May: a maximum of 6 ECTS can be taken.
  • Summer: you can take a minimum of 6 ECTS and a maximum of 18 ECTS.

1. Be enrolled in an undergraduate degree at the time of application.

2. Have completed a minimum of two academic semesters. Be a second-year university student.

3. Have obtained a grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 or equivalent.

4. Be native speaker of the teaching language or present an official level accreditation certificate.

Go to section Pre-Established Programme Enrolment.

You can find all the information for Spring (Sp), May (M), Summer (Su) and Fall (Fl) at the Academic Programme page.

Classes take place on the UAB Campus in Barcelona.


For information on prices, go to the following link:


UAB Pre-Established Tuition Fees

The Pre-Established programme is for visiting students, therefore Erasmus and Exchange students are not eligible.

Students with passports from countries of the European Union do not need to carry out any administrative procedures related to visas before their arrival in Spain.

Students with a passport from outside the European Union should contact the Spanish Embassy or Consulate in their country to find out if it is necessary to process a visa to study at the UAB.

Students who need a visa to enter Spain will be required to take a minimum of 24 ECTS credits.

Follow these links for more information on visas by country of origin:

EU Students

Non-EU students

Before arriving in Spain, it is mandatory for students from the European Union to process their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC).

It is also recommended that you take out complementary insurance for other eventualities: accident, travel or repatriation insurance, among others.

Non-EU students must contract an insurance before leaving their country. In most cases, they must present the insurance contracted to process the visa.

Students on the Pre-Established Programme can use the UAB accommodation service offered by Vila Universitària for different accommodation options in the city.  

You can also look for accommodation through an agency or Barcelona Centre Universitari.

We encourage you to contact students by joining the UAB Study Abroad group on Facebook or following us on Instagram.