Safety tips for international students
What to do in an emergency at school
A general emergency is a dangerous situation for everyone. A continuous siren indicates an emergency of this type and is the order to evacuate the building.
When hearing the general emergency siren:
- Stop what you are doing.
- Pay attention to the instructions of the personnel responsible for leading you to a safe area. You can identify emergency personnel by their yellow or orange emergency waistcoat.
- Leave your belongings behind.
- Respect all emergency signs.
- Do not use lifts.
- Find your way to the emergency exit and congregate at the assigned meeting point.
- Once you have left the building, do not go back in until instructed to do so.
In case of emergency off Study Abroad premises
• If you have a programme provider, you should contact the Resident Director / representative of your University.
• Otherwise, you should contact the following emergency number: 112