UAB loan service
All current UAB students, UAB staff and external users with borrowing rights may borrow books from any of the UAB libraries.
To use this service you must hold the UAB card.
To borrow books you can either use a self-issue machine or take your books to the circulation desk. You can return your books to any UAB library, except the weekend documents that must be returned to the library that you borrowed them from.
- Available: the item can be borrowed.
- Lib use only: the item can not be borrowed.
- Due date: the item is currently checked out.
- Hold: the item is reserved by another user.
In general, journals, newspapers, dissertations, reference books can not be borrowed.
|Member||Total items||Loan period|
|Undergraduate||10||7 / 14 / 21 days|
|Postgraduate students||20||7 / 14 / 28 days|
|Sphere / UAB Research Park||16||7 / 14 / 28 days|
|Academic and research staff||40||7 / 14 days / 1 academic course|
|University staff||10||7 / 14 / 28 days|
|Amics UAB / Alumni Premium UAB||10||7 / 14 / 28 days|
|Others (Agreements, Programa Argó...)||8||7 / 14 / 21 days|
You can return borrowed items to any UAB libraries or using the book return boxes.
If an item is on loan to another user, you may place a request. Click on REQUEST and it will ask you for your username and password. You can also reserve items located at UAB libraries with an "Available" status.
You will be notified when the item is available for pick up and how long it will be reserved for you. Due to the quarantine the reception period can be longer than 24 hours.
- View items you are currently borrowing (these are your current loans).
- Renew items (provided they are not reserved by another customer).
- Manage your reserved items.
- You can also view your borrowing history. This can be useful if you would like to revisit a particular item or have forgotten to record the full item details for your assignment.
The return of the books will be processed 2 days later because they must spend 48 hours in quarantine.
You can return your borrowed items to any library during opening hours or to enabled mailboxes:
- Mailbox in the Humanities Library
- Mailbox in the Social Sciences Library
- Mailbox in the Communication Library
- Mailbox in the Veterinary Library
- Mailbox in the Sabadell University Library
- Mailbox at the School of Engineering
In case of lost or damaged items, you have to replace the item.