Guidance & Training sessions
UAB Libraries provide training sessions for the entire university community with the aim of familiarising individuals with our services and resources, helping them maximise their use, and offering instruction in fundamental digital and information skills.
Our user training service encompasses in-person, hybrid, and online training, complemented by self-paced learning materials.
UAB Libraries provide self-paced learning courses on the UAB Virtual Campus:
- Get to know your Library: Are you curious about what the libraries have to offer? Join the 'Escape Room: Save the Library' course, featuring 9 missions, tests, and riddles that will help you discover all the services and resources available in an engaging way. Course designed for first-year students. Estimated duration: 1 hour. Course in Catalan. Please register using the provided form.
- Tools and resources for your academic work: Register for the 'TFG or TFM' course through the provided form. To access materials in English, submit a request through Pregunt@.
- PubMed: the platform for public and free access to the databases of the NLM (National Library of Medicine, USA). It is the most important bibliographic information resource for the area of biomedicine and allied sciences: all health sciences, including psychiatry and psychology, as well as related life sciences. This course shows how to use the database and get the most out of it for research and study. A maximum dedication of 1:30 hours is estimated. Course in Catalan. Register via the provided form.
- Zotero: Take our course to learn how to use Zotero, a bibliographic management tool, to build your personal library and automatically generate citations and bibliographies for your work. The course is estimated to require a maximum of 4 hours and 30 minutes. Register via the provided form. For instruction in English, request it through Pregunt@.
The Library offers training courses that are integrated within the subjects in collaboration with the responsible lecturer, as part of a Degree or Master's programme.
If you are a lecturer and are interested in a course for your subject, please contact your reference library.
Transversal training activities are those that benefit all doctoral students, regardless of their field of knowledge, as they enhance the development of essential cross-disciplinary skills during the doctoral training phase. In this regard, the UAB Libraries, in collaboration with the UAB Doctorate School's Communication Space, offer the following courses in English:
- Information Search and Management
- Web of Science and Scopus
- Intellectual Property Aspects in Thesis Preparation
- Publishing in Open Access and Funding at UAB: Data Management
- Research Data: Making It Open and Developing a Data Management Plan
We offer the following options for library visits:
- General Visits: Explore our library facilities, sections, and services
- Specific Service or Section Visits: Dive deeper into a particular service or section of the library
Additionally, you can request a guided tour for:
- New faculty members
- Guest lecturers
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, master's, and doctoral students
Please submit your visit request at least one week in advance, and each visit is typically scheduled for a maximum duration of one hour.
Our online advisory service is conducted via video conferencing on the Teams platform. We provide personalised guidance on locating information related to specific topics, as well as insights into the services, tools, and resources offered by UAB Libraries.
To request this service, please use the form below. Our expert library staff will get in touch with you promptly to schedule an appointment and offer tailored assistance based on your specific needs.