European Union documentation
The European Documentation Center (EDC) brings together 6,730 monographs and 432 titles of periodical publications.
As a depository center for the official publications of the European Union, and as established in the Agreement signed between the European Commission and the UAB, its collection is basically made up of collections produced by community institutions and agencies.
The EU is currently promoting its online bookstore, which is free to access, and is sending less and less paper documentation to the centres. However, the EDC continues to spread the electronic bibliographic novelties of the EU, as it regularly includes them in its monthly periodicals: Publicacions online sobre la UE and El Derecho de la UE y su aplicacion.
As a complement to the official sources, the EDC acquires other types of specialized documents on European issues and that belong to entities outside the community institutions. These funds come through:
- Purchase of monographs recommended by teachers.
- Donations from other specialized institutions in the EU.
- Personal donations.
The EDC also generates its own digital collections:
- CDE Papers and Quaderns de síntesi. They are works prepared by personnel linked to the CDE.
- Working papers IEE. This is a selection of research carried out by students of the Official Master's Degree in European Integration.
- Quaderns IEE. Biannual magazine of the Institute of European Studies that is carried out with the support of the CDE.