Mendeley is a reference manager, an academic social network and a scientific literature collaborative catalog. It allows to manage your research, showcase your work, connect and collaborate with over six million researchers worldwide.
Mendeley allows you:
- Generate bibliographies automatically.
- Find relevant documents of your areas of interest.
- Easily import documents from other platforms.
- Collaborate easily with other online users.
- Access your documents from anywhere via web.
Mendeley combines a desktop version (Mendeley Reference Manager) with a web version (Mendeley Web), which must be synchronized.
The UAB offers access to Mendeley Institutional to its community members. It is necessary to employ ARE+ to enjoy the institutional advantages.
- Go to Mendeley via this link, activating the ARE+ service: https://login.are.uab.cat/login?url=https://www.mendeley.com
- Sign in with your NIU and password for authentication
- At Mendeley web, you must choose 2 options:
a) If you don’t have any Mendeley account, choose the option Create an account and fill out the form with your personal and academic data.
b) If you have a free Mendeley account and you want to upgrade it to Mendeley Institutional Edition, you must choose the option Sign in with the username and password of your free account.
- You have activated ARE+ service, so Mendeley has upgraded your account to MIE advantages.
- Check at https://www.mendeley.com/settings/subscription/ that your account is now Mendeley Institutional Edition (MIE).
- From now on, you can access to your Mendeley account from anywhere at https://www.mendeley.com with the MIE benefits.
- This access will last for one year. At the end of this year, you will receive an e-mail suggesting you that, if you are still member of UAB community, you should renew your institutional access. To achieve this, you must access to Mendeley again with the ARE+ service, and the renovation will be done automatically.