During your life it’s likely that you should prepare oral presentations about your academic or research work —Final Degree Work (FDW), master's thesis, dissertation...).
We recommend you some resources with useful advice for giving your oral presentations.
Resources to prepare oral presentations
- Presentations, by the Library of the University of Leeds
- How to give good presentations [pdf] by Ann Marie Carlton, and Daniel Jacob
- Support for Oral Presentation from the UNSW of Sidney
- Oral Presentations, a web page elaborated by the Learning Lab of the RMIT University (Australia)
- Giving Oral Presentations, In Scitable by Nature education, a collaborative learning space for science
- Oralitat. Educational web portal from the University of Barcelona (UB) and Pompeu Fabra University (UPF), designed to enhance the learning of public speaking skills. The project has the support of the Department of Education, the Catalan Association of Public Universities (ACUP) and the RecerCaixa program. 19 experts have participated in it to explain how effective communication techniques work in an educational and transmedia format.
- UAB search tool. To find documents you can search by subject: Oratoria and Comunicació oral. You should enter the terms in Catalan for accurate results.
- Presentations and posters. Guidance and tips for producing effective oral and visual presentations, by the Institute for Academic Development, of The University of Edimburgh
- Poster and presentation resources, a list of resources gathered by the University of North Caroline (UNC)
- Com comunicar: inter-university website of resources to assess and improve communication skills at university (pdf documents are also in English)