UAB Digital Repository of Documents
The DDD, the UAB Digital Repository of Documents, is the tool that collects, manages, disseminates and preserves the scientific, educational and institutional production of the University. It also gathers digital documents that are part of or complement UAB libraries collections. The DDD repository shows an organized, open access and interoperable collection.
- Provide the University community with a platform to publish its documents in full text and open access.
- Increase the visibility of the authors and the institution.
- Regulation of the Digital Deposit of Documents of the UAB agreement of the Governing Council of April 25, 2012.
- Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona Open Access Institutional Policy approved by the Governing Council on April 25, 2012.
- Creative Commons licenses recommended by the UAB approved by the Open Access Committee of the UAB in January 2015 and revised in October 2017.
- Preservation policy of the Digital Deposit of Documents of the UAB (DDD) approved in Council of Government the 3 of May of 2018.
On the Open Access page you will find information about the benefits of open publication. Also on the legal framework with guides and good practices, research data, copyright and dissemination of research through the DDD and the Portal de la Recerca de Catalunya.
Copyright: DDD documents are subject to copyright and, therefore, their use is regulated by the current Intellectual Property Law.
Each record has a mention of rights that regulates the use of each document. Licences used are Creative Commons licenses, public domain or all rights reserved. See Recommended Creative Commons Licenses at the UAB.
Use of personal data: in accordance with the adaptation of the Organic Law of Protection of Personal Data 15/1999, the DDD in no case discloses the information of its users regarding deliveries or individual visits to the repository nor the Email address required to register if you are not a member of the university community.
We follow the General Regulation of Data Protection (RGPD) to protect data and privacy. DDD only collects email addresses of users that do not belong to the university community; in no case the Library Service staff can view personal passwords.
Users that have not accessed their personal accounts in the previous 5 years will be discharged unless they have pending baskets.
Language: There are interfaces in Catalan, Spanish and English. Documents are collected in any language and alphabet.
Permanent link: All DDD documents are assigned a permanent link that can be seen in the record.
Versions: different versions of a document are maintained.
File format: the deposit accepts all types of formats, but it is advised to use open formats to make reuse easier; for example, pdf for textual documents.
File name: It is essential to properly name the files of the records in order to manage electronic resources effectively. To name the files we recommend:
- Choose names that are sufficiently descriptive of the content, for example, using part of the bibliography record of the document.
- Do not exceed 25 characters.
- Avoid naming them by a number, as it is not descriptive enough of the record context.
- Avoid using characters such as ,. :; / () $ & |  * <> "¿?
- Use the underscore (_) rather than blank spaces between words.
- For records that have different versions, it is advisable to differentiate them by indicating v01, v02, etc., instead of update, new, etc. As an exception the final version could be called FINAL. In these cases, it is advised to be consistent when naming the different files in order to keep internal coherence.
In order to register, fill out the following form. If you are a member of the UAB university community, use always your NIU and password. If you are not a UAB member, use your email. The registration will be effective immediately and you will have access to various features.
- customize the interface,
- save search results and create alerts,
- retrieve all the searchers you've made during the last 30 days,
- create baskets choosing those record collections you want to access later or share with others,
- add comments to and rate DDD documents,
- upload documents of which you are the author using the self-archiving forms (only UAB PDI and PAS).
You need a DDD account to be able to publish your comments and reviews, in the section Discussion of each record. All comments and reviews that help improve the Deposit will be welcomed and published.
Comments that may be offensive, advertising or spam will not be accepted. In these cases we reserve the right to delete them.
In case someone fails repeatedly to comply with these conditions, he/she may be vetoed as an identified user.
Use and customization guide of the UAB's Digital Repository of Documents
Ways to submit documents in DDD:
- PDI and PAS: consult the guide on How to submit documents.
- PhD students: your doctoral thesis will be published in the TDX and the DDD in compliance with Reial Decret 99/2011, de 28 de gener, pel qual es regulen els ensenyaments oficials de doctorat. To publish in the DDD other documents produced during the doctorate, contact your reference library.
Only if you submit your scientific production directly to the library (not through the submit forms –autoarchive-).
- Immediate open access: public access open to everybody.
- Temporary embargo: The holder of the rights may ask for a temporary embargo. The Library Service retains the document’s full text and releases it on the date set by the holder of the copyright.
- Access restricted to the UAB: full text is accessible only from UAB network computers. If you are a member of the University community and you want to have access to these documents from a computer that is not in the campus you must use the Virtual Private Network Service.
National (Plan Estatal) and European (H2020) policies require that all peer-reviewed scientific publications are deposited in open access, in the case of European projects also the research data must be deposited. DDD is the UAB platform that helps researchers to fulfill these mandates.
DDD uses the Invenio software, which is an open source software under MIT license that was created at the European Council for Nuclear Research (CERN).
The hardware system has all kinds of guarantees of redundancy and reliability and is subject to the usual renewal and security protocols of the University Information Service (Servei d’Informàtica de la UAB). Backups, including those stored outside the university's facilities, follow the same circuits than the rest of the UAB's digital information.
The Open Archives Initiative model allows interoperability with the OAI-PMH metadata transmission protocol (Open Archive Initiative - Protocol for Metadata Harvesting). This protocol allows the visibility of the documents from different platforms and collectors: Google Scholar, BASE, CORE ...
In order to fulfill the European mandates, the DDD is OpenAIRE compliant ast it meets all the requirements of metadata required by the European Union, to be able to revise the projects. Persistent IDs are provided for each document and author identifiers (ORCID) are included in the metadata.
The Library Service will verify publishing rights to guarantee copyright policies for deposited documents.
The UAB Governing Council (Consell de Govern) has approved the policy for preservation of documents available in the DDD, which states the institutional sustainability of the infrastructures, as well as the distribution of the different responsibilities within the services and governing bodies of the University.