Access to Electronic Resources
How to access
The connection to the ARE is activated automatically when you want to access any e-resources (databases, books, articles and journals) from the Library Service website or from the Search Engine. When you click on the resource link it will ask you to identify yourself with your NIU and password.
If you do not remember them, you can obtain them at the address https://apps.uab.cat/apwd/?lang=en
- If the access is made from the results page of an external resource (for example PubMed or Google Scholar) or from an address of interest (bookmark), it is necessary that you install the ARE button in the browser.
In order to be able to install the button in your navigator it is necessary to make visible the bar of bookmarks. Before installing, verify the following:
- Chrome: go to Bookmarks> Show bookmarks bar.
- Mozilla Firefox: go to View> Toolbar> Bookmark bar.
- Internet Explorer: right-click on the navigator's header> click on Favorites bar.
1. Drag the button into the browser's bookmarks bar.
For the browser Explorer
1. Drag the button into the Favorites list.
3. You will be returned to the page you were consulting identified as UAB members, with the necessary permissions to view the full text.
1. Add your favorite of this page, call it ARE and save it.
2. Open the favorites and edit them.
4. To finish click Done.
2. Finally, click on OK.