Deputy Executive Chair
Director: Maria Espadalé Reballí
Graduate in Political Science and Sociology (International Relations track) from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (1989), and holder of a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Communication from the Institute of Continuing Education of Pompeu Fabra University (2001) and a Master’s degree in University Direction and Management from the Foundation of the Universitat Politècnica de Cataluña (2005).
She has been working at the UAB since April 1997, where she has been responsible for audits of academic management and the ISO Quality System of the Libraries Services (until January 200) and Head of the Office for Institutional Coordination (February 200 – January 2009). Since November 2011 she has been the Centre Administrator for the Faculties of Arts and Humanities, and of Psychology. From June 2016 to October 2020 she was the Head of the Rector’s Office and since February 2021 she has been Executive Vice President of the UAB Foundation.
She has also worked as a documentalist, editor and trainer at the Foundation of the Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB) in the Centre for International Information and Documentation (1989-1993) and as Head of the UNESCO Centre of Catalonia (January 2009 – October 2011).
- To support the governing team and to participate and collaborate in strategic planning, objective building and in the analysis and setting up of new projects, and in viability studies and their execution for the UAB Foundation.
- Designing, planning and organising the tools for managing teaching planning and programming; overseeing the functioning of teaching services, academic management and academic regulations for official programmes of study.
- Organise the administrative and financial services and coordinate the administration of the other services of the UAB Foundation.
- Act as director of human resources.
- Ensure the fulfilment of agreements by the governing bodies of the UAB as they relate to the UAB Foundation.
- Control income and expenditure management as set out in the budget of the UAB Foundation, supervising to ensure that budget provisions are satisfied.
- Draw up and update the inventory of the goods and rights that make up the assets of the UAB Foundation and manage them accordingly.
- Assume all other responsibilities assigned under the present Statutes, regulations for implementing them and any other responsibility delegated by the rector.
The following department and services report to the Deputy Executive Chair:
Promotion and Communication