Statistics - Communication
The subjects in the catalogue are in Catalan. Search by keyword adding estadístiques; for instance: estadístiques comunicació, estadístiques premsa, estadístiques televisió, estadístiques ràdio, estadístiques cinema. You may also be interested in the subject Indústria audiovisual. If you are looking for audience or press distribution data search by the subject Audiència.
We recomend Statista an international database that includes more than one million statistics from 22,500 sources. It also includes industry reports and trends, marketing and consumer studies, dossiers, surveys and infographics. One of the sectors is Media.
- Informe de la comunicació a Catalunya. From Incom-UAB, Includes statistics of all media.
- Media Landcapes. Exhaustive website of the European Journalism Centre with information on the media industry in the different countries of Europe. Includes press, audiovisual media (radio, television and cinema) and Internet.
- Catalan Audiovisual Council (CAC). Publishes various annual and research reports on the Catalan audiovisual sector with all kinds of data.
- Statistical Institute of Catalonia (Idescat). The website includes a section dedicated to the audiovisual where we can consult a statistical yearbook of the audiovisual in Catalonia. Also the Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia includes a section focused on Media, cinema and performing arts.
- Observatori de la Producció Audiovisual. They publish studies.
- Website of the Ministry of Culture. The page Cine includes statistics, box office and spectators and a database of films (Spanish and foreign, including short films) with audience data. You may also be interested in CulturaBase, a database with a section dedicated to film and video and the Survey of cultural habits and practices in Spain, with sections devoted to film, video and radio and television.
- National Commission on Markets and Competition. It publishes annual reports, quarterly and by provinces with income data, access to pay television, television consumption, etc. Its website includes a section devoted to the audiovisual and a statistics database: CNMCData
- SGAE. Publishes the SGAE Yearbook of the scenic, musical and audiovisual arts.
- European Audiovisual Observatory. Public organization that provides a comparative European overview of the audiovisual industry in different European countries as well as detailed analysis of national and even regional industries. It publishes reports, statistics, data on distribution and exhibition. Very useful is its Yearbook (in paper and digital format), consultable from the Communication Library, with statistics on cinema, television, audiovisual, video and new media.
- Pew Research Center. Analyses the evolution and changes in the media and publishes The State of the news media, large annual report, essential to knowing the trends of journalism in the US.
- Ministerio de Cultura y Deporte. You can consult the Survey of cultural habits and practices in Spain with a section dedicated to reading that includes the press.
- Media Landscapes. Exhaustive website of the European Journalism Centre with information on the media industry in the different countries of Europe.
- Audience. A selection of resources and media assembled by the Communication Library to access audience data of radio, television and theatre, newspaper and magazine distribution, as well as the music, video and DVD sales market.
- The main flow on television audience data in Spain comes from Kantar. You can find part of the information that this company produces in these documents that you will find at the Communication Library: Anuario de audiencias de televisión and Noticias de la comunicación (You will find information in the first number of each year).
- Infoadex report on advertising investment in Spain.
- I2P. From Arce Media. Fron Arce Media. Quarterly reports of advertising investment by sectors.
- Nielsen. It publishes various reports (many of them free) about business, consumer and market trends.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau. The international reference association in interactive advertising. It publishes reports, among them the revenue and spend reports.
- You will find electoral information on the IDESCAT pages (Catalonia) and the Electoral Census Office (Spain).