PhD in Translation and Intercultural Studies
Internal Quality Assurance System of the centers
Internal Quality Assurance System for faculties and schools
The process-based management system used by the UAB faculties and schools stems from a commitment to offering degrees with their own policy on quality and measures in place to evaluate and improve performance continuously, according to the European quality standards. These elements together make up this university's Internal Quality Assurance System (SGIQ).
This system involves all the following:
- establishing and monitoring the faculty's policy and objectives regarding teaching standards, in accordance with the university’s strategic lines
- establishing and renewing the offer of PhD programmes
- processes directly linked to teaching activity: tutoring, assessment, mobility, etc.
- processes to gauge the level of satisfaction of the different groups
- processes linked to the people and resources needed: lecturers, administrative and service staff (PAS), infrastructure and services, course scheduling, academic organisation, etc.
- processes linked to the life cycles of degrees: verification (evaluation before implementation), regular monitoring, modification (continuous improvement) and accreditation (evaluation of performance and renewal of the authorisation to continue offering the programme), which seek to organise, renew and improve the offer of PhD programmes.
Evaluation process previous to the implementation of the degree: presentation of a proposal for a new PhD programme for AQU-Catalunya (Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia) to issue the binding evaluation for the Council of Universities (Ministry of Universities), which is the responsible agent for verification.
- Report on the PhD programme
- Resolution on verification by the Spanish Universities Council
- Registry of Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT)
Periodic monitoring process of the development and results of the PhD programme: self-evaluation carried out, every 3 years, by themselves.
Internal Quality Assurance System of the faculty
Set of processes to manage and monitor the different aspects of degrees, with the strategic objective of ensuring continuous improvement
A channel for suggestions, complaints and praise regarding the functioning of the UAB
- Satisfaction surveys of Doctors
- Satisfaction surveys of thesis supervisors
- Check here the results of the doctor's job placement survey
- The PhD figures
Recognition and awards
In this link you will find the doctors who have obtained the Special Prize Award in this PhD programme.
The following prizes and honours have been awarded in relation to this PhD programme.
- Dr Wilhelm Neunzig received the 2010 Vinay et Darbelnet Prize, from the Association Canadienne de Traductologie, for his work "Empirical Studies in Translation. Methodological and Epistemological Questions".
- Dr Patricia Rodríguez-Inés received the 2006-2008 AIETI Prize for the doctoral thesis "Use of electronic corpora in translator training (English-Spanish-English)".
- Dr Francesc Parcerisas received the 4th Josep Palau i Fabre International Prize, in the original works category, for his essay "No Hands. Metaphors and Papers on Translation".
- Dr Pilar Godayol and Dr Montserrat Bacardí received the 2012 Serra d'Or Prize, in the Humanities category, for their "Dictionary of Catalan Translation".
- Dr Pei Chuan Wu and Dr Jesús Sayols, received the Emerging Ideas Prize for the best poster at the 5th AIETI Conference, in the categories “Jury Prize” and “Public Prize”, respectively.
- Several researchers who graduated from this PhD programme have been appointed to posts at prestigious foreign universities: Dr Jesús Sayols is a research member of the Centre for Translation at the Hong Kong Baptist University; Dr Antonio Paoliello is a teaching fellow at the University of Edinburgh; Dr Josep Dávila is a tenured professor at the University of Brownsville (Texas); Dr Li Chi-Lien and Dr Hsu Tsai-Wen work at the Wenzao Ursuline College of Languages (Taiwan); Dr Tsai Hui-Wen has been appointed to a post at the Chung Yuan Christian University of Taiwan; Dr Yoko Yada is a professor at the University of Waseda (Japan); Dr Carlos Arturo Muñoz is a full-time lecturer at the Universidad Autónoma de Manizales (Colòmbia), Dr Alba Girons lectures in Catalan Studies at the University of Georgetown (Washington DC), and Dr Anna Kuznik is a senior lecturer at the Institute of Romance Philology at the University of Wroclaw (Poland), among others.
- Several PhD graduates from the programme have been appointed to posts at prestigious universities in Spain: Dr Prado-Fonts is a lecturer and head of the East Asian Studies Programme at the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya, Dr Hildegard Resinger works at the EUHT St. Pol (Universitat de Girona) and Dr Montserrat Corrius is a researcher and lecturer at the Universitat de Vic.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Additional information: http://pagines.uab.cat/doctorat-traduccio/