PhD in Computer Science
Internal Quality Assurance System of the centers
(working on translation)
(working on translation)
Recognition and awards
The following prizes and honours have been awarded in relation to this PhD programme.
- Dr. Alicia Fornés received the "Young Investigator Award IAPR / ICDAR" at the IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, 2017.
- Dr. Dimosthenis Karatzas received a "Google Research Award" in 2016.
- PhD student Marc Masana and Drs. Luis Herranz and Joost van de Weijer received the "Winners of the Multimodal Machine Translation Task" award at the Second Conference on Machine Translation, 2017.
- Drs. Jorge Bernal and Javier Sánchez received the 2nd Prize in the MAP-EADA Valorization program Demo Day, 2016.
- PhD Pau Riba and Drs. Josep Lladós and Alicia Fornés received the "Best Paper Award" at the 24th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2018.
- PhD student Adrián Sánchez Carmona, doctoral student of Dr. Sergi Robles Martínez, has received the "Award of Scientific Excellence" for the article in the 13th Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Sytems, 2015.
- PhD student Sara Alvarez-Cortés and Drs. Ian Blanes and Joan Serra-Sagristà have received one of the 3 awards of the Generació d'Idees Programme of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2015.
- PhD student Naoual Amrani and Dr. Joan Serra-Sagristà received the "Capocelli Prize, Best Paper Award" at the Data Compression Conference (CORE A *), 2017.
- Dr. Ramon Lopez de Mantaras received the EurAI Distinguished Service Award from the European Artificial Intelligence Association, 2016.
- Dr. Ramon Lopez de Mantaras received the IJCAI Donald E. Walker Distinguished Service Award from the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2017.
- Dr. Carles Sierra is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (2014-2019).
- PhD students Victor Campmany and Sergio Silva, and Drs. Antonio Espinosa, David Vázquez, Antonio López and Juan C. Moure received the "Best Poster Award" at the GPU Technology Conference, 2016.
- Dr. Emilio Luque received the "Doctor Honoris Causa" by the National University of La Plata (UNLP), Argentina, 2017.
- Dr. Ana Ripoll received the DonaTIC Award Researcher-Academic, 2017.
- Dr. Ana Ripoll is president of BIB (Bioinformatics Barcelona).
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail