PhD in Computer Science
Internal Quality Assurance System of the centers
Internal Quality Assurance System for faculties and schools
The process-based management system used by the UAB faculties and schools stems from a commitment to offering degrees with their own policy on quality and measures in place to evaluate and improve performance continuously, according to the European quality standards. These elements together make up this university's Internal Quality Assurance System (SGIQ).
This system involves all the following:
- establishing and monitoring the faculty's policy and objectives regarding teaching standards, in accordance with the university’s strategic lines
- establishing and renewing the offer of PhD programmes
- processes directly linked to teaching activity: tutoring, assessment, mobility, etc.
- processes to gauge the level of satisfaction of the different groups
- processes linked to the people and resources needed: lecturers, administrative and service staff (PAS), infrastructure and services, course scheduling, academic organisation, etc.
- processes linked to the life cycles of degrees: verification (evaluation before implementation), regular monitoring, modification (continuous improvement) and accreditation (evaluation of performance and renewal of the authorisation to continue offering the programme), which seek to organise, renew and improve the offer of PhD programmes.
Evaluation process previous to the implementation of the degree: presentation of a proposal for a new PhD programme for AQU-Catalunya (Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia) to issue the binding evaluation for the Council of Universities (Ministry of Universities), which is the responsible agent for verification.
- Report on the PhD programme
- Resolution on verification by the Spanish Universities Council
- Registry of Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT)
Periodic monitoring process of the development and results of the PhD programme: self-evaluation carried out, every 3 years, by themselves.
Internal Quality Assurance System of the faculty
Set of processes to manage and monitor the different aspects of degrees, with the strategic objective of ensuring continuous improvement
A channel for suggestions, complaints and praise regarding the functioning of the UAB
- Satisfaction surveys of Doctors
- Satisfaction surveys of thesis supervisors
- Check here the results of the doctor's job placement survey
- The PhD figures
Recognition and awards
In this link you will find the doctors who have obtained the Special Prize Award in this PhD programme.
The following prizes and honours have been awarded in relation to this PhD programme.
- Dr. Alicia Fornés received the "Young Investigator Award IAPR / ICDAR" at the IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition, 2017.
- Dr. Dimosthenis Karatzas received a "Google Research Award" in 2016.
- PhD student Marc Masana and Drs. Luis Herranz and Joost van de Weijer received the "Winners of the Multimodal Machine Translation Task" award at the Second Conference on Machine Translation, 2017.
- Drs. Jorge Bernal and Javier Sánchez received the 2nd Prize in the MAP-EADA Valorization program Demo Day, 2016.
- PhD Pau Riba and Drs. Josep Lladós and Alicia Fornés received the "Best Paper Award" at the 24th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, 2018.
- PhD student Adrián Sánchez Carmona, doctoral student of Dr. Sergi Robles Martínez, has received the "Award of Scientific Excellence" for the article in the 13th Conference on Practical Applications of Agents and Multi-Agent Sytems, 2015.
- PhD student Sara Alvarez-Cortés and Drs. Ian Blanes and Joan Serra-Sagristà have received one of the 3 awards of the Generació d'Idees Programme of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, 2015.
- PhD student Naoual Amrani and Dr. Joan Serra-Sagristà received the "Capocelli Prize, Best Paper Award" at the Data Compression Conference (CORE A *), 2017.
- Dr. Ramon Lopez de Mantaras received the EurAI Distinguished Service Award from the European Artificial Intelligence Association, 2016.
- Dr. Ramon Lopez de Mantaras received the IJCAI Donald E. Walker Distinguished Service Award from the International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, 2017.
- Dr. Carles Sierra is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (2014-2019).
- PhD students Victor Campmany and Sergio Silva, and Drs. Antonio Espinosa, David Vázquez, Antonio López and Juan C. Moure received the "Best Poster Award" at the GPU Technology Conference, 2016.
- Dr. Emilio Luque received the "Doctor Honoris Causa" by the National University of La Plata (UNLP), Argentina, 2017.
- Dr. Ana Ripoll received the DonaTIC Award Researcher-Academic, 2017.
- Dr. Ana Ripoll is president of BIB (Bioinformatics Barcelona).
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail