PhD in Mathematics
General access requirements
In general, to gain access to an official PhD programme the candidate must hold a Spanish degree or equivalent and a Master's degree.
Access may be granted where the following cases apply:
- Hold an official Spanish university degree or a degree from another country in the EEES which grants access to a Master's degree in accordance with article 16 of RD 1393/2007, of 29 October, and have achieved a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master's level. In this case we must remember that the official university degree obtained correspondence to Level 2 of the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education (MECES), for official titles of Graduate or Engineer will be accounted for as a degree of 180 ECTS.
- Hold an official Spanish qualification at graduate level, the duration of which, in accordance with community law, must be at least 300 ECTS credits. These graduates must take compulsory background credit referred to in article 7.2 of RD 99/2011, except where the syllabus of the degree course includes research training credits equivalent to the research credits awarded on Master's courses.
- University graduates who, before obtaining a place as a result of the entrance exam for specialist health courses, have passed at least two years of a programme for an official qualification in one of the Health Science specialisations.
- Holder of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master's degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded. This admission does not under any circumstances imply official recognition of the previous qualification or recognition for any purpose other than access to PhD studies.
- Holders of another Spanish PhD qualification, obtained in accordance with the previous university's rules.
- Holders of a degree who also have the Diploma of Advanced Studies obtained in accordance with the provisions of RD 778/1998, of 30 April, or have achieved research proficiency under the terms outlined in RD 185/1985, of 23 January.
- Hold an official university degree which has obtained correspondence to leve 3 ot the Spanish Qualifications Framework for Higher Education (MECES), for official degrees of Architect, Enginner or Bachelor.
Admission to the PhD programme is decided by the Rector and depends on having passed the bridging courses, where they exist.
Specific access requirements
This PhD programme has the following specific admission requirements:
- The candidate must submit a detailed curriculum vitae, including the academic record of both undergraduate and master's degrees. The qualifications of the two degrees (40%) will be assessed.
- You will also attach a letter of scientific motivation, including a brief summary of the research project. This must be linked to one of the research lines of the PhD programme and must be explicitly endorsed by one of the program's professors (35%).
- Recommendation letters sent directly to the coordination of the doctorate to the address email@example.com (preferably one of the recommenders should be the director of the Master's Final Project) (10%).
- Interview (face-to-face or online) mainly about the TFM and the academic training of the candidate (15%).
The candidate will be able to follow the status of their application in the online admission application of the UAB Doctoral School.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Additional information: http://www.uab.cat/matematiques