PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine
At the time of application the academic tribunal of the programme will assign the candidate an academic tutor. The academic tutor must be a doctor with accredited research experience, linked to the programme in which has been admitted the doctoral student..
The academic tutor has the following responsibilities:
- Ensure coherence in the tasks of the PhD candidate and supervisor and the research group.
- Provide communication between the PhD student and the academic tribunal of the PhD programme.
- Ensure the appropriateness of the PhD training and research activity to the programme and the norms of the School for Doctoral Studies.
- Sign the commitment and activities document for the PhD candidate.
- Check and sign the PhD research plan.
- Write the reports required for the annual review.
The academic tribunal of the programme can establish, where possible, that the academic tutor can also be the thesis supervisor.
The designation of the academic tutor may be changed at any time during the PhD course: on the part of the PhD candidate, where there are justified reasons; on the part of the thesis supervisor, where there are justified reasons. In these cases the academic tribunal of the PhD programme has to propose a new tutor.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail
Additional information: https://www.uab.cat/web/docencia-de-postgrau/presentacio-1248762709385.html