PhD in Tourism
Registration fees are decided annually by the Catalan Government (Generalitat de Catalunya) in a Decree on public fees, which fixes the fees for the public universities in Catalonia within the limits established by the General Conference on University Policy. The Board of Trustees of the UAB may establish other fees that are not included in the Decree on public fees.
To pay the registration fee you need a Spanish or European bank account or bank card.
If you need information about the methods of payment, deadlines, etc. please see this information. If you choose to pay in three instalments you must register before 30 October.
Once you have registered if you do not pay the full fee a surcharge will be applied to subsequent registration fees. Please see information about non payment of fees.
If your fee is paid by a company or institution and you need an invoice you can request one by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your personal details and the details of the company or institution in this document.
The registration fee (2017-2018) includes:
- Supervision, tuition and continual assessment of the PhD thesis: €401.12
- Administration of the academic transcript: €69.80
- Specific services and programme organisation: €70.00
- Standard student (under 28 years old): €1.12
- Complementary insurance. This is a service offered by the UAB and includes in accident and travel insurance for all students registered at the UAB. If you want complementary insurance you must take it out at the time of registration. If you are considering taking part in an exchange programme or a research period outside Spain you should take out the mobility complementary insurance.
- Fee for equivalence of foreign Masters degree, where necessary: €218.15
- Bridging course credits, where necessary. These credits must be taken and passed during the first year of the PhD programme.
If you are a grantholder or are eligible for exemptions or reductions of the fee (e.g. large family, registered disabled, etc.) please see this document.
When you register at the School for Doctoral Studies you will be asked fill in an application form for your UAB student card. You can collect your card one month after registering from the Information Point of the School for Doctoral Studies (Floor 0).
If your registration fee is being paid fully or partly by a cost centre of the UAB you must bring accrediting documentation. For more information please contact the coordinator of your PhD programme.
In exceptional cases (payment by cost centres, academic tutorage, grantholders that are not researchers of the UAB, etc.) you must make an appointment to register personally at the School for Doctoral Studies using the link on this website.
The duration of the public costs of academic services is one academic year.
Decree 88/2017 of 4 july, fixing the prices of academic services of public universities in Catalonia and the UOC for the year 2017-2018
Grants and subsidies
The UAB has a search tool (UABsearcher) that offers information about grants, awards and subsidies for the university community. This search tool does not only include information about the UAB but also other institutions that may be of interest.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail