PhD in Geography
Internal Quality Assurance System of the centers
Internal Quality Assurance System for faculties and schools
The process-based management system used by the UAB faculties and schools stems from a commitment to offering degrees with their own policy on quality and measures in place to evaluate and improve performance continuously, according to the European quality standards. These elements together make up this university's Internal Quality Assurance System (SGIQ).
This system involves all the following:
- establishing and monitoring the faculty's policy and objectives regarding teaching standards, in accordance with the university’s strategic lines
- establishing and renewing the offer of PhD programmes
- processes directly linked to teaching activity: tutoring, assessment, mobility, etc.
- processes to gauge the level of satisfaction of the different groups
- processes linked to the people and resources needed: lecturers, administrative and service staff (PAS), infrastructure and services, course scheduling, academic organisation, etc.
- processes linked to the life cycles of degrees: verification (evaluation before implementation), regular monitoring, modification (continuous improvement) and accreditation (evaluation of performance and renewal of the authorisation to continue offering the programme), which seek to organise, renew and improve the offer of PhD programmes.
Evaluation process previous to the implementation of the degree: presentation of a proposal for a new PhD programme for AQU-Catalunya (Agency for the Quality of the University System of Catalonia) to issue the binding evaluation for the Council of Universities (Ministry of Universities), which is the responsible agent for verification.
- Report on the PhD programme
- Resolution on verification by the Spanish Universities Council
- Registry of Universities, Centres and Degrees (RUCT)
Periodic monitoring process of the development and results of the PhD programme: self-evaluation carried out, every 3 years, by themselves.
Internal Quality Assurance System of the faculty
Set of processes to manage and monitor the different aspects of degrees, with the strategic objective of ensuring continuous improvement
A channel for suggestions, complaints and praise regarding the functioning of the UAB
- Satisfaction surveys of Doctors
- Satisfaction surveys of thesis supervisors
- Check here the results of the doctor's job placement survey
- The PhD figures
Recognition and awards
In this link you will find the doctors who have obtained the Special Prize Award in this PhD programme.
The following prizes and honours have been awarded in relation to this PhD programme.
- In the QS World University Ranking (The WUR 2018) the UAB appears as the only Spanish university located among the top 100 in the world in relation to Geography studies.
- Maria Dolors Garcia Ramon received the Narcís Monturiol Prize, from the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat), November 2003.
- Martí Boada received the National Prize for the Environment, from the Spanish Ministry of the Environment, in 2004.
- Antoni F. Tulla i Pujol received the Prize for the Environment, from the Institute of Catalan Studies, 2004.
- Martí Boada received the Prize for the Environment, from the Institute of Catalan Studies, in 2005.
- Xavier Pons received the Prize for the Environment, from the Government of Catalonia (Generalitat), 2007.
- David Saurí i Pujol received the Prize for the Environment from the Institute of Catalan Studies and the Caixa Sabadell Foundation, 2007.
- Xavier Pons received the Excellence in Research Prize, from the UAB, 2008.
- Maria Dolors Garcia Ramon received the International Geocritical Prize, 2011.
- Maria Dolors Garcia Ramon received the Vautrin Lud Award, 2016.
- Maria Dolors Garcia Ramon received the Laréat d'Honneur Award, International Geographical Union (UGI), 2016.
- Xavier Pons received the ICREA-Academia 2016-2020 recognition.
- Françoise Breton received the Narcís Monturiol Award, Generalitat de Catalunya, 2016.
- Antoni F. Tulla received the Fundació Món Rural Award, 2017.
- The Social Agriculture Research Team received the Món Rural Prize of Essay, Fundació Món Rural, 2018.
- Martí Boada received the Water Prize, 2018.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail