PhD in Computer Science
Internal Quality Assurance System of the centers
Internal Quality Assurance System for faculties and schools
The process-based management system used by the UAB faculties and schools stems from a commitment to offering degrees with their own policy on quality and measures in place to evaluate and improve performance continuously, according to the European quality standards. These elements together make up this university's Internal Quality Assurance System (SGIQ).
This system involves all the following:
- establishing and monitoring the faculty's policy and objectives regarding teaching standards, in accordance with the university’s strategic lines
- establishing and renewing the offer of PhD programmes
- processes directly linked to teaching activity: tutoring, assessment, mobility, etc.
- processes to gauge the level of satisfaction of the different groups
- processes linked to the people and resources needed: lecturers, administrative and service staff (PAS), infrastructure and services, course scheduling, academic organisation, etc.
- processes linked to the life cycles of degrees: verification (evaluation before implementation), regular monitoring, modification (continuous improvement) and accreditation (evaluation of performance and renewal of the authorisation to continue offering the programme), which seek to organise, renew and improve the offer of PhD programmes.