PhD in Audiovisual Communication and Advertising
The UAB PhD programs are onsite.
Candidates who wish to access a PhD programme must apply to the academic committee for admissions using the online application form and follow the procedure established by the coordinators or administrative managers responsible for the PhD programme for the proposal of a tutor and thesis supervisor.
You can find more information about the academic tutor and supervisor of the thesis in the section "Lines and supervision" in this file.
Before beginning your application make sure you satisfy the admission requirements, have all the necessary documents which you will need to scan and have seen the admissions calendar.
If you want to apply for a place on a PhD programme, please note the sections that you must fill in on the application form.
The applicant must also propose if he wants to do the thesis full-time or part-time. You will find more information on this page.
We recommend that you check this video before starting the application (video in Spanish; click on the CC button to display the English subtitles):
Summary fo the 5 steps to follow in your application
- To acces the application form, you will need a university identificacion number (NIU) and a password. To obtain these:
- Select the PhD programme that interests you.
- Enter your personal and academic details in the appropriate parts of the application form. Your name and surname must be those that appear on your DNI, passport, NIE or identity card of your country.
- Scan the necessary personal and academic documents and attach them to your application. Documentos should be in .pdf, .jpg or .doc format (maximum 4 MB).
At this link you can find the document that you nedd to include which gives the approval of your supervisor/tutor (filled in and signed), in case it is a program requirement. Consult the documentation section below to check if this program has another document model. Failure to include documents requested in each of the specific sections of the application may lead to the denial of your application. Documents issued in languages other than Catalan, Spanish or English, you must provide translated according to the indications on the official translation that you will find in the section 'Legalisation' of this website. If you need to incorporate two certificates, such as the degree certificate and the master certificate, or two university degrees, remember that you have to save them in a single document to be included in the computer application.
- You can download the proof of receipt of your application. Decisions on applications will be sent by e-mail to the address indicated in the pre-registration application. You can consult the stage of the application process at the same link as the application form. If you need an early admission motivated by a scholarship, you must indicate it in the field of observations as well as indicate for which scholarship. The coordination of the program, depending on the situation, will resolve your early admission, if applicable.
Consult some indications that may be useful for you to pre-register online:
Remember that you must indicate on the previous studies screen of the application, in the section 'data of the study of origin', the highest level qualification (if, for example, you are admitted to a master's degree, you must indicate this information, not that of the bachelor). In the event that you indicathe other information, this admission will be wrongly recorded and no subsequant changes can be made.
- What to do if you have taken a master's degree in Spain and you do not find it in the list of masters that are listed in the university where you studied it?
If you have a master's degree (official) in a Spanish university and when you indicate the university does not appear in the list of masters, you can indicate as follow:
- Choose the option "Master obtained outside Spain".
- In the country selection popup screen, enter "Spain" and search for the university (you can use * to facilitate the search, for example: * Rioja *).
- In the field of studies indicate the name of the studies you have taken (for example: "Master in Information Technology").
Remember that you will have to indicate if you have finished it or not and, once informed this field, click the 'Next' button to continue the online application.
- Considerations for filling in personal information
- In the institutional email field, if you do not have it indicated, you must add your personal email address.
- As for the addresses, you have to incorporate both the usual and the during the course. If the latter does not yet know, you must indicate the same address that you indicated in the usual address.
- Regarding the birth zip code, if you were born in a Spanish population that has more than one code, you can indicate any of them.
- If you apply for more than one doctorate at the UAB, the application will retrieve the information of the mandatory documentation that you indicated in the first application for doctoral access. If the second request asks for other documentation, you can indicate it in the optional documents.
- If you do not find your university registered in the system, you must select any other university in your country and in the field of observations of the same application indicate the name of the university where you got the degree.
CHECK THE DOCUMENTATION SECTION BELOW IN CASE YOUR PHD PROGRAMME REQUIRES YOU TO DO ANY OTHER MANAGEMENT BEFORE STARTING THE PRE-REGISTRATION AND YOU WILL ALREADY BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE PRE-REGISTRATION APPLICATION
Once your application has been saved, you will enter the selection process. You will receive the result of the resolution in a personalized way in the email that you indicated in the application for admission, according to the schedule of the doctoral program. Check the spam tray to verify that it has not been treated as junk mail.
In this PhD programme, you must indicate in the computer application the research line in which you want to develop the thesis. On the other hand, the academic tutor and the thesis supervisor will be assigned by the Academic Committee of the PhD Programme, so that there is no need to indicate any proposal of tutor and director in the computer application.
This PhD programme has, for the 2021-2022 academic year, the following pre-registration periods:
- From March, 11 to May, 31
- RESOLUTION maximum by the School of Doctorate: June, 29
- From September, 1 to September, 14
- RESOLUTION maximum by the School of Doctorate: October, 15
- From October, 1 to November, 16
- RESOLUTION maximum by the School of Doctorate: December, 15
Documentation necessary for admission
Applicants must be able to accredit before the coordinators or academic managers of the PhD programme that their previous studies are sufficient for access to a PhD programme in accordance with prevailing legislation and must provide this obligatory documents relatet to previous studies (degree and academic certificates) on registering (see the required documents in the 'Documents to be submitted for registration' point on the 'Enrolment' section in this website).
In the 'Admission' section you can also see all the possible paths for access to PhD programmes that are permitted under the current regulations.
The required documents may be presented in Catalan, Spanish or English. Any documents issued in French, Italian or Portuguese can be presented as translations carried out by the UAB Language Service. Applicants must organise their own translations and pay for them. For documents issued in any other language, they must be presented as translation into Catalan, Spanish or English by a sworn translator, working for any diplomatic or consular service of Spain abroad or the Spanish consular or diplomatic representation of the applicant’s national country.
To legalise the documentation accrediting studies carried out abroad, follow the procedure set out in the 'Legalisation' section on this website. Non-legalised documents may be presented for admission to the PhD programme even though legalisation will be required for the registration stage.
If, at the time of application, you still do not have the corresponding certificate or provisional certificate, because you have not yet completed your studies you must indicate this on the application form and admission proposal in the 'Academic details' section, by marking the option "Pending completion'.
Admission will be conditioned on obtaining the degree. Once you have submitted a copy of the Substitute Certificate of the title to the Doctoral School, the final admission will be generated and from this date the term of one month will be counted for enrollment.
Regarding certifications and titles, you must attach the corresponding documentation according to the previous official studies.
|Compulsory Documents||How to attach in the computer application|
|- Certification* or academic record of the Degree or the Spanish or foreign degree
- Certification* or academic record of the Master's Degree / Doctoral Program
- Certification* or academic record of the DEA or the Research Proficiency
*Certifications that include the period in academic years of the degree, the subjects taken, credits obtained and grades obtained.
|Certification Degree / Bachelor / Master's Degree / DEA / cert. 2 years of Specialist / PhD Programme
|- Spanish or foreign degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD Degree
- DEA Degree (RD 778/1998)
|Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree or DEA / T.Specialist in Health Sciences / Spanish PhD's Degree
|- Research project or plan (according to model)
||Research project or plan
|- DNI / Passport
||Copy of DNI or Passport
|- Curriculum vitae with justification of merit that includes: research experience, publications, professional experience, stays abroad and scholarships and research grants obtained (if applicable)
|- Reference letters (1 letter from an academic or an institution)
|- Application form for part-time PhD studies (document in Spanish)
|Opcional Documents||How to attach in the computer application|
|- Document of acceptance of the academic tutor
||Acceptance letter from academic tutor
|- Document of acceptance of the thesis supervisor
||Acceptance letter from thesis supervisor
|- Language level accreditation (with corresponding official certificate, if applicable)
||Foreign language certification
In addition to the documentation that each programme indicates, two documents (Other documents1 and Other documents2) that serve as a wildcard are attached for each programme so that the interested person can attach other documents that he or she considers appropriate or that the PhD programme indicates.
Admissions before the established period and pre-admissions
The Doctoral School, following the indications of the coordination of the PhD programme, can issue before the start of the term of admission of an academic course, or before the end of the term of resolution, letters of admission so that you can request a scholarship or to do the visa procedures in your country. It is only necessary that you enter your application in the computer application and that you indicate it in the Observations field, where you must indicate that you need a letter of admission and the scholarship to which you are opting. If the computer application is closed, you can contact the coordination of the programme.
If you need a preadmission, the coordination of the programme can issue it if it considers it appropriate. You must contact the coordination of the programme to inform you of the procedure.
On the International Support Service website you can see more information about future foreign students related to residencies in Catalonia, legal procedures and the UAB campus.
Monitoring your application
You can monitor your application using the same page as you made it. Below are the explanations of the different stages:
- Application made by student: your pre-registration has been saved.
- Incomplete application: there are documents missing from the application.
- Validated by the administrative office: the application and attached documents have been checked.
- Admitted: the coordinator has considered the pre-registration and proposed an offer or admission.
- Offer of admission: the Doctoral School has considered the proposals for admission made by the coordinator and has made a definitive offer. The PhD student will also receive an e-mail informing them of this decision. The PhD student must wait to register.
- Waiting list: the coordinator has considered the pre-registration and has agreed on admission but there ara no places on the PhD course.
- Application rejected: the coordinator or the Doctoral School have considered the application but do not agree to admission as not all the requirements have been fulfilled.
Financial aids, grants and calls
In this section you will find information on the availability of grants, the offer of scholarships and other calls organized by other areas.
Need more information? Contact the programme manager filling in this form: *Required fields
Once the form has been sent in you will get a confirmation e-mail