TIE for students relatives

Applying for a Student's Relative Residence Authorization for the First Time

The UAB, through the International Support Service, offers assistance in this process, which should be carried out at the National Police Headquarters (Comisaría de Policía Nacional) in the area where the student is registered.

All documents must be presented in one of the official languages (Spanish or Catalan) and where this is not possible originals in other languages that have been duly legalized (Form 37) will be accepted if they are accompanied by a sworn translation.

Documents to be presented:

1. Official form (Form EX -17) (original + 1 copy)
2. Copy of passport
3. Photocopy of Type D Student visa (open)
4. Photocopy of EU entry stamp or flight ticket (boarding pass)
5. Passport sized photographs (3)
6. Certificate of registration in Spain (empadronamiento)
7. Wedding and/or birth certificate
8. Photocopy of the receipt (or original) of the Authorization of Stay of the Student Residency Permit holder
9. Tax 790 Code 012: Option "TIE que documenta la primera concesión de la autorización de residencia temporal, de estancia o para trabajadores transfronterizos."

The Police will issue an immediate official receipt for the Permit. The Authorised Stay for Students Permit will be received a month or two later. Its validity depends on the period of study or the end of the academic year.

IMPORTANT NOTE: You have a maximum of 30 days to apply for your Authorised Stay for Students permit from the day of entry to the European Union. For this purpose it is essential that you keep your flight tickets (boarding cards) or obtain an EU entry stamp at the airport when you go through customs.