Academic admission requirements

What do I need to be admitted?

For admission to higher vocational training cycles, compliance with one of the following requirements is required:

You must have one of these qualifications:

  • Baccalaureate or equivalent (a). (i)
  • Baccalaureate LOGSE (a).
  • BUP.
  • Senior technician* in vocational training or university degree or equivalent. (a)(i).
  • Specialist technician, senior technician or equivalent.
  • Intermediate level technician in vocational training or technician in arts and design(a)(i).

Or have passed:

  • (*) A professional certificate training offer included in the cycle (Grade C)
  • (*) A specific training course for access to higher degree cycles (Art.113 BOE-A-2023-16889).
  • (*) An access test(Art.114 BOE-A-2023-16889).
  • The second year of any type of experimental baccalaureate.
  • The COU or a pre-university course.
  • Having passed the university entrance test for those over 25 or 45 years old, or having entered university for being 40 years or older and proving work or professional experience.

(a) If you do not yet have your degree, you must present the receipt of your application for an academic and professional degree and payment of the fees stamped by the centre.

(i) If you have not yet completed these studies at the time of pre-registration and therefore do not have the admission documentation, a responsible declaration may be submitted, which has the same effect for admission purposes, and certifies that as soon as you have the degree and certificate these will be presented at the centre.

(b) The pass certificate for exams with the
specific subjects of the cycle to which you want to access must be presented. If you still have to take the exams but want to pre-register, you will need to present the registration receipt for the entrance exam. Pre-registration will be subject to proof of passing the exam (you must submit the document).

(*) In these cases of admission, you must also have turned at least nineteen years old, in the year you take the exam or at the start of the course.

(**) You cannot access a higher level vocational training cycle or arts and design cycle with a Sports Technician Degree. (Organic Law 8/2013, of 9 December, on the improvement of educational quality, article 38 amending article 44 of Organic Law 2/2006, of 3 May, on education (LOE).)


Have you studied abroad? You need to get those studies approved

Consult the basic information on the requirements, and the documentation that you have to submit. Official recognition of foreign studies

Students in temporary protection or special situations


Language requirements

To study International Trade in English, you must have:

  • a minimum command of English at level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. It must be accredited with an official level certificate (FCE, IELTS, TOEFL or similar).
  • B2 level of Català

Don't you have an official certificate? If you do not have a certificate for the level required (or equivalent), you will have to take a level test at UAB Idiomes.

If your results for English are below level B2, you will have to improve your knowledge of English to meet the programme's minimum language requirement.
If you don't have the Català required level, you will have to register for it as a second language.

For more information about language preparation courses, please contact


Admission to higher vocational training cycles (CFGS) is regulated by the Law on Education in art. 41 of Organic Law 3/2020, of December 29, which modifies Organic Law 2/2006, of May 3, on Education and by article 112 - Access to higher level training cycles of Royal Decree 659/2023,  of 18 July, which deals with the organisation of the Vocational Training System (**).