Credits allocated in recognition of extra-curricular activities
The UAB offers you the possibility of earning credits which go towards obtaining your bachelor's degree. For the full list of extra-curricular activities with credit recognition, please view this document.
You can dowload the online form here. Below you will find more information on several UAB services and entities offering these types of activities:
It also offers training programmes focused on generating ideas and social entrepreneurship through its UAB-Emprèn Programme.
For more information on the courses and workshops it offers, please visit its website.
You can find more information on the activities organised at the Community Involvement website.
Join one of the teams and find out more about the activities organised by Cultura en Viu.
The Observatory website offers more information on these activities.
You can visit the Fundació Autònoma Solidària website to see all the activities they organise.
You can also obtain additional academic credits for foreign language courses.
You can check the charts of equivalence to Level B1 or above of the language certificates and diplomas of foreign language recognition (English, French, German and Italian) approved by the Junta del Consell Interuniversitari de Catalunya and in accordance with the standsards set by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). If you do not hold an official certificate you will need to take a level exam.
If you do hold an official certificate from before you began your studies at the UAB, you will be able to validate it.
As long as the subject or activity is not included in a degree oriented towards teaching the language or in a language minor, you will be able to validate credits in the following cases:
- A stay in a foreign university while participating in a mobility programme, taking a minimum of 30 credits in English.
- Passing subjects in English included in the curriculum of the UAB studies.
- Language courses by the Servei de Llengües.
- Passing level tests at the Servei de Llengües.
- Courses by institutions recognised by the UAB. Find them in annex 10 of the following regulation.
OBTAINING CREDITS FOR OTHER LANGUAGES AND COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- Sign language and braille courses taken in official centres with recognition from the Education autorities. You will be able to validate 1.5 credits for each level passed.
CREDITS FOR CATALAN COURSES
- Catalan Level C2 courses can be validated for 3 credits.
OTHER FOREIGN LANGUAGES
- Stay in a foreign university while participating in a mobility programme, taking a minimum of 30 credits in other foreign languages.
- Educational activities in other foreign languages are worth the same credit recognition as English ones, as long as the language is the same that you took as a foreign language in the PAU tests (University Access Tests).
- Educational activities in a different language from the one you were assessed in iun the PAU tests, will have up to 3 credits recognition per level, according to the level chart by UAB Servei de Llengües and counting from level 1 of this chart.
The Language Service organises a series of language and cultural activities to help students practice languages and to foster the multicultural character of the university campus. These proposals foster the participation of students in all areas related to the use of languages and the management of multilingual contexts, More information can be found at the Language Service website.
The SAF offers courses on health and physical activity. More information can be found at the SAF website.