- The project teams are made up of the volunteers and the schoolchildren
- Support for carrying out a group research project on an issue within the community
- 10- to 12-year-old children from the district of Nou Barris
- With links to schools in the districts of Vallbona and Can Sant Joan.
- Connections with other organisations and agents in the vicinity of the schools
The schools Research-to-Participation Programme allows children from four schools in Vallbona and Can Sant Joan. to learn more about their local area and what can be done to improve it. We set up social research teams made up of pupils, school staff and university students. These teams go through the different stages of a research project with the aim of learning about the reality of community life in each district. The pupils conduct surveys and interviews and use other fieldwork methods to delve deeper into this reality, and then they analyse their findings. Finally, they are encouraged to make suggestions towards tackling the situations they have uncovered and to put their ideas into practice.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Late primary and early secondary pupils at four schools in the district of Nou Barris.
HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
This project should be of interest to those interested in working with participative methodologies in schools and in exploring ways to forge closer ties between schools and their surrounding areas and the broader educational community.
WHEN AND WHERE?
One session per week, lasting two hours, approximately. This is within school hours, usually in the afternoons (3 to 4.30 p.m.), though a morning timetable is also an option.
93 407 62 10
See the information page (Document in Catalan)