Internship (East Asian Studies Degree)
This internship is offered as part of the undergraduate degree syllabus and, as such, is a curricular activity which involves students working on tasks related to any aspect of their East Asian Studies programme in either companies/organisations off campus, or UAB campus institutions/departments. These internship positions are not remunerated.
This subject comprises a total of 300 hours, 200 of which the student works in situ for the company/organisation or centre – some internships offer students the option to work online.
This subject is also available to incoming exchange students at this Faculty.
Frequently requested links:
normativa de permanència de la UAB
– Assegurança complementària a la web de la UAB
2. Information/orientation session
An information/orientation session is held the first or second week of the academic year for all students either already registered or intending to. During this session the Internships Coordinator explains the steps and procedures by which students are assigned to a company/organisation and the steps students must follow.
3. Internship application form
by the deadline given in the "Internship calendar"Internship application form
not to get in contact directly
Internships available formGestió Acadèmica
Please note Gestió Acadèmica
If the internship is in a company/organisation outside the UAB (external), then the document in question is the following:
Specific educational cooperation agreement for (required) external academic placements in partner organisations
If the student has been assigned to an organisation/centre/department which is part of the UAB, then the documents which provide legal coverage for the duration of the internship are:
Plec de condicions específiques per a la realització de pràctiques acadèmiques a la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Resolució per a la realització de práctiques dins l’àmbit de la Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Gestió Acadèmica Gestió Acadèmica
You cannot contact the company/organisation tutor to arrange an initial appointment until you have the agreement (or the specific requirements / resolution forms in the case of a UAB on-campus internship) – the contact email can be found in the "List of companies and organisations" at the beginning of this web page. You must not contact the company nor arrange an initial meeting, either on your own initiative or at the request of the company/organisation, before this because until you are in possession of this document you are neither legally covered nor insured.
Gestió Acadèmica Gestió Acadèmica
As stipulated in the regulations, you cannot begin the internship until you have returned the copy for the UAB to the Faculty with all the required stamps and signatures.
Anything which is not set out in the "Internships available form" or in this web page has to be mutually agreed between the company/organisation and the student. In cases of dispute, the Internships Coordinator or the Vice-Dean for Internships will act as arbitrators. In the event that an agreement cannot be reached, the student has the right to request an internship in another company/organisation.
Final report by the external tutor)
––Students on this internship are strongly recommended to contact their internal tutor at the beginning of the year and keep them informed of developments.
6. Information and professional orientation sessions, professional folder, final summary report
in situ–professional folderfinal summary report
7. Other forms of internships
Pràctiques Externes are not remuneratedServei d’OcupabilitatTransferència de crèdits
Reconeixement de l’experiència laboral i professional acreditadaGestió Acadèmica–
8. Additional important information
Informació sobre el requeriment de la certificació del Registre central de delinqüents sexuals per a la realització de pràctiques
Internships abroad are also possible even if the student is not on a student exchange, or is on a student exchange but the host university does not authorise them to participate in their own internships programme. "Pràctiques Externes" is one of the few degree subjects which can be taken as a distance learning course, therefore there are no impediments to being an intern in a foreign company/organisation. All the student needs to do is contact the company/organisation themselves as set out in the instructions in the section "Student - what do I have to do?" - point 3. However, students wishing to pursue this avenue will have to find a company/organisation for themselves as very few of those we list (see "List of companies and organisations" at the head of this page) have offices / partners abroad.
Another option consists of applying for an “Erasmus+ Internships” or “UAB Exchange Programme Internships” grant, which is handled by the Servei d'Ocupabilitat [UAB's Job Placement Service]. For further information about when these can be applied for, remuneration or other questions related to this grant, see Mobilitat professional internacional [Professional work experience abroad] in the UAB's Job Placement Service web page. Please note that you cannot take advantage of this grant at the same time as a “Erasmus+ Study” or “UAB Exchange Programme Study” grant. You can apply for these the following semester or year, but not at the same time. Equally important is that at the time of applying, students can choose between curricular or extra-curricular internships, and in the case of this faculty if they choose curricular then they will be assimilated in the "Internships" subject (Pràctiques Externes).
If, instead of signing a curricular or extracurricular internships contract, the student signs a contract abroad for work which is remunerated, s/he is eligible to apply for the “Recognition of accredited work and professional experience” – see section "Student - what do I have to do?", point 7.
In order to apply for either the internships resulting from the student her/himself contacting a company/organisation as well as the "Erasmus+ Internships" or "UAB Exchange Programme Internships" grants, it is the students' responsibility to first find a company/organisation where they wish to work as an intern that will accept them. To help students with this our Faculty provides access to the following initiatives:
1. ELIA Exchange. We collaborate with ELIA (European Language Industry Association) in the ELIA Exchange project. Students from our Faculty can register for this internship offers' database free of charge and receive offers from the countries and for the language combinations they are interested in.
2. EGPS (European Graduate Placement Scheme). We actively participate in this European project providing support for and monitoring students doing internships abroad. Students from our Faculty can register for this internships offers' database free of charge and search for countries and language combination of interest to them. Students can participate in this scheme even if they find a company to do an internship via Elia Exchange.
3. EMQEI FTI UAB. The objective of this project is to foster the international dimension of internships for the BA and MA degree programmes in both Translation and Interpreting and East Asian Studies at our Faculty. This project not only encourages students from our Faculty to work as interns abroad, but also incoming exchange students to our Faculty to work as interns in Catalonia. The Faculty encourages students who study abroad on an Erasmus+ or UAB Exchange studies programme to do an internship in companies/organisations in the town/city where they are based. Any students interested in this option should contact their study abroad coordinator, the Internships coordinator of their degree or the Vice Dean for Internships in the Faculty.
4. Erasmus Intern.This is a platform developed by the Erasmus Student Network in which you can find companies who are looking for students interested in work experience opportunities. Students can sign up directly.
5. FTI-Ocupabilitat. Job offers and information about work experience grants and programmes sent to our Faculty - many of these concern internships abroad.
6. Since 2015, students from our Faculty have applied for Erasmus+ Internships or UAB Exchange Programme Internships grants for the following companies or organisations: InPuzzle (France), Sprachschule Aktiv (Germany), Hieroglifs Translations (Latvia), Translit (Ireland), Groupe scolaire Saint Jacques de Compostelle (France), Tripomatic s.r.o. (Czech Republic), Landkreis Osnabrück (Germany), Academy at Shotton Hall (United Kingdom), École Saint Paul (France), Consulado General de España en Düsseldorf (Germany), Consulado General de España en Stuttgart (Germany), Ensemble Scolaire Saint Adrien (France), London Confucius Institute SOAS (United Kingdom), Le Likès (France), Akadémia eñe Bratislava (Slovakia), American Language Services (United States), TIP Trailer Services (Holland), Lengalia (Germany). Without the abovementioned grants, during their Erasmus+ Study or UAB Exchange Programme Study mobility, some students have done internships abroad, namely: Instituto Cervantes de Túnez (Tunisia), Schnellübersetzer GmbH (Germany), Hasekura Program (Japan), Waseda University (Japan), Beijing Han-sky Education Technology Co. Ltd. Great Wall Chinese Centre (China). Some of these companies or organisations might be interested in accepting other students. In fact, some have stated this.
- Normativa de pràctiques acadèmiques externes de la UAB
- Normativa aplicable als estudis universitaris regulats de conformitat amb el Reial Decret 1393/2007
RD 592/2014, d'11 de juliol, pel qual es regulen les pràctiques acadèmiques externes
RD 1845/1994, de 9 de setembre, pel que s'actualitza el Reial Decret 1497/1981
- RD 1497/1981, de 19 de junio, sobre Programas de Cooperación Educativa
- Reglament (UE) 2016/679,de 27 d’abril de 2016, sobre el tractament de dades personals i a la llibre circulació d'aquestes dades
- Requeriment de la certificació del Registre central de delinqüents sexuals per a la realització de pràctiques
BA in East Asian Studies
Faculty of Translation and Interpreting
08193 Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès) - Barcelona
Tel. (+34) 93 581 3418
Administrative management of Internships
Registrar's Office (Gestió Acadèmica)
Tel. (+34) 93 581 2535