Foreign Identification Card - TIE
UAB's International Support Service can give you assistance with the application process. You will have to apply for your Student Residence Authorization at the National Police Station of the town where you are registered.
All documents must be presented in either Catalan or Spanish. If your original documents are in another language, they must be certified and accompanied by a sworn translation into Catalan or Spanish.
1. Official form (EX -17) (original + 2 photocopies)
2. Photocopy of your passport
3. Photocopy of your Type D student visa
4. Photocopy of the EU entrance stamp or your flight ticket (boarding ticket)
5. Photocopy of your enrolment form and receipt of payment (or document accrediting you are a grant holder)
6. Document stating the duration of your studies (e.g. acceptance letter from the university specifying the duration of the course)
7. Passport-size photos (3)
8. Certificate of census Registration
You will be issued a provisional copy of your Student Residence Authorization Card which will be valid until you will receive the original card in one or two months. The period of validity will depend on the duration of your studies.
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY FOR THIS AUTHORIZATION WITHIN A PERIOD OF 30 DAYS AFTER ENTERING THE EUROPEAN UNION. For this, you will need to present your flight ticket (boarding ticket) or the stamp on your passport showing the date in which you entered the European Union.
UAB's Academic Administration Offices (Gestió Acadèmica ) will require you to present your original Student Residence Authorization Card and one photocopy to complete your enrolment process. You will have four months after your arrival to present your original card at the Academic Administration Office of your centre. If you wish to obtain the N.I.E., you will find all the necessary information at Form 91.