The training courses provided by the Vocational Training Centre at the UAB Foundation are continuously assessed.
More extensive information is provided in CHAPTER TWO. PEDAGOGICAL ORGANISATION OF THE CENTRE of the REGULATIONS FOR THE ORGANISATION AND FUNCTIONING OF THE CENTRE
- Continuous assessment is understood as the set of activities and/or exercises that are carried out in class and those that are suggested by the teacher to be undertaken outside the school timetable, in addition to the exams that are proposed within each learning unit.
- Students have the right to continuous assessment if they attend at least 80% of the teaching hours for the corresponding learning unit and do not exceed 20% of unjustified absences.
- In the event of non-compliance with minimum attendance, students who reach 20% of unjustified absences for the total number of hours to be taught for each learning unit, lose the right to continuous assessment and will not be able to take the corresponding exams and activities, therefore, their final qualification will be a no show (NP). The student will be informed, in writing, of this circumstance and will not lose the right to attend classes.
- Students may also sit the exams for the corresponding learning unit’s extraordinary sittings with an obligation to present all practicums and other work indicated by the teaching staff, according to the agreement made by the teaching team.
- Students who reach 50% of absenteeism, whether justified or not, of the total number of hours to be taught for each leaning unit, automatically lose the right to be assessed for both ordinary and extraordinary exam sittings.
- The teaching team involved in teaching the project module will assess it according to the rules of their professional association.
- The project module will receive a positive assessment when the teaching team finds that the student has sufficiently achieved the learning outcomes in relation to the general objectives of the training course. Otherwise, the student will receive a negative assessment.
- The project module will assess the students' achievement of the different curricular competences through monitoring and tutoring: research, methodology, content, project development, and oral presentation of the project, among others.
WORKPLACE TRAINING MODULE (FCT: Formació en Centres de Treball)
- Assessment of the FCT module corresponds to the school's assessment board. Assessment of the FCT module will continue during the student's time at the company.
- At the end of the FCT, the person responsible for training in the company will assess the student's progress in a report that will be included in their work experience booklet.
- The assessment of the FCT module must take into account the assessment carried out by the company, and use the learning outcomes the assessment criteria and the benchmark learning activities agreed with the company or entity as a point of reference.