Infrastructures to involve citizens
The HUB B-30 is an alliance to promote the innovation at the b30 area, being
- an open innovation network
- an ecosystem of co-ideation and co-creation
- a facilitating environment for innovation
- an initiative of territorial competitiveness
UAB is in contact and implements projects with diverse Living Labs of the territory (ViLab, Library Living Lab, BiblioLab, Metropolitan Laboratory for Ecology and Territory of Barcelona (LET), Covadonga Urban Lab).
UAB Open Labs are open innovation ecosystems to solve social challenges of the territory, with a systematic approach to co-creation among their users, whether they are researchers, companies, civil society or public administration (the elements of the Quadruple Helix innovation model).
- The Disseny Lab is an open space for co-creation and experimentation for activities such as ideation, production and quick prototype production, combining machines, traditional and advanced media.
- The Digital Lab is a space which offers technologies for the digitization of any physical or acoustic element (voice, objects, images, documents, movement, etc.), artificial intelligence, computer vision, data mining, big data, web publication of processes and results.
The COMTECH Centre is an open space with three distinct roles:
- Experiment space
- Creative-coworking space
The use is for both academic and library purposes in the teaching, research and transfer framework. The Centre is open to educational and experimental innovation activities, workshops, active learning, conferences, etc. aimed at the University teaching and non-teaching community.