Returning students' documents


Documents to be submitted by students who are not enrolling for the first time at UAB

Important information for all students with a right to exemption from paying enrolment fees or to a reduced fee.

When do documents need to be sent to justify paying a reduced fee or for a fee exemption?

- If UAB already has up-to-date versions of these documents, there is no need to send them again (for example, if they were submitted in a previous year).

- If UAB has the documents but these are not up-to-date, they do need to be sent in, except for large-family cards issued in Catalonia.

- In all other cases, you need to send in the documents justifying payment of a reduced fee or a fee exemption, using the documents form of your Academic Management.

Then you need to take the original or an attested copy of the document to the Academic Management, or send it in by certified mail, before 5 November. If the original documents are not delivered by this date, the enrolment fee will be modified and the corresponding amount charged.

Timeframe for submitting the documents

  • Supporting documents for fee exemption or reduction: these are to be sent using the documents form of your Academic Management office in advance of enrolment and the originals or attested copies delivered to the Academic Management before  5 November.
  • All other documents: The deadline for submitting the documents to the Academic Management is 15 December 2021.

Returning students only need to submit documents in support of fee exemption or reduction if these have been renewed due to expiry.

Documents required

  • SEPA direct debit order. This only needs to be submitted if the bank details for the direct debit have changed since the previous year's enrolment. In this case, print it out, sign it and send it in, using the corresponding form, to your faculty's Academic Management, after enrolling. The bank details must include the IBAN and BIC codes if the bank is not present in Spain. Only accounts in banks located in the EU, Andorra, the Vatican, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland are accepted.
  • If you are 28 or older, you will need to present the original and a copy of a health, accident and civil liability insurance policy that is valid in Spain. For this purpose, when enrolling, you can take out the complementary insurance offered by UAB.
  • If a subject involves being in contact with minors, at the start of the academic year you need to submit a certificate of absence of sexual offences to the centre responsible for the subject. This information appears on screen during the enrolment process.
Conditions applicable for 2021/2022 academic year Supporting documents

General grants for university studies

Online application for the grant on the AGAUR website.

To be classified as a conditional grant-holder and provisionally avoid payment of the fees established by the decree on public prices, you must fulfil the academic requirements established in the grant call and must have obtained a grant in the 2020-2021 academic year, or submitted the financial credential. You can request your credential for 2021-2022 on the
AGAUR website.
Equity grant You need to apply on the AGAUR website. 
This grant is for undergraduates and students on qualifying master's degrees. The corresponding reduction can only be applied once the call has been resolved, before the deadline for making the third payment.
If your grant application is not successful, whether or not you lodge an appeal against the proposed or definitive refusal, you need to make a provisional payment of the corresponding amount in a single payment that will be charged to your bank account as from the date of the decision on your grant application. If your enrolment is modified after 31 May, the Academic Management office of your centre will inform you of the payment options available.


Conditions applicable for 2021/2022 academic year Supporting document
Large-family card issued by the Catalan government (Generalitat) If you were granted a large-family reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.
If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and inform your faculty’s Academic Management
Membership of a large family as certified by other autonomous communities Valid large-family card or certificate
If you do not have a valid large-family card when you enrol, you have ten days to update it and you need to inform your faculty’s Gestió Acadèmica before enrolling.
Recognised disability of 33% or above One of the following credentials: disability certificate issued or validated by the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, resolution or certificate issued by INSS or the competent authority in the corresponding autonomous community or any other specified in Article 2 of Royal Decree 1414/2006.
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document: it is only necessary If you have had to renew it.
Victims of acts of terrorism (plus their children and spouses) Administrative resolution.
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, there is no need to submit any document.
Victims of male violence in an intimate partnership (plus their dependent children) (*) The "Llibre de Família" family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or a certificate of cohabitation ("convivència") for the family unit in the case of children over 21.
One of the following supporting documents: a judgement of conviction; a protection order; any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour; a report from the public prosecutor or the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate; a report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by a public administration agency — Social Services, Male- and Family‑Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families, Specialist Intervention Services (SIE), Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD), Crime Victims' Assistance Office, or sheltered accommodation — or by an entity providing assistance to women victims  of male violence in an intimate partnership that is funded by a specific public administration body. * (
See further details).
If you were granted this reduction when enrolling last year, and the document is still valid, there is no need to submit any document. For periods of validity, see the section Deductions.

Submission of the required documentation within the set time limits is an essential condition for processing your academic record, making a new enrolment or modifying a previous one, and for requesting any kind of academic service (certificates, academic record transfers, etc.).

(*) Information based on the agreement on criteria for establishing the status of victim of male violence in an intimate partnership setting for the purpose of exemption from payment of university fees, approved by the Inter-university Council of Catalonia, which specifies the corresponding period of validity of these documents.