First year documents


Important notice for all students who are entitled to a discount or gratuity for tuition fees

You must send any accrediting documentation for fee exemptions or discounts using the following form:

Documentation form provided by your academic-management office.

In which circumstances is it necessary to send documentation for accrediting a discount or gratuity?

  • If the documentation has already been submitted to register university-access exams (hereafter, “PAU”) in Catalonia, you do not need to re-submit this (for example, family concession card).
  • If the UAB already has current valid information you do not need to resend it (because you presented it at a different UAB centre the previous year, for example).
  • If the UAB has the documentation, but it is not valid, you must submit the new documentation, except if this documentation is a family concession card issued in Catalonia.
  • In all other cases, you must submit the documentation accrediting gratuity or discount status through the documentation form provided by your academic-management office.

Afterwards, you must present the original or an authorised copy in person or by certified mail to your Academic Management Office before 8 November. Applicants who do not present the original documents by this date the registration fees will be modified and the corresponding amount charged.

Deadlines for Submitting Documentation

Documents required

  • Documentation to be provided

  • Identity document
    • Students who have a DNI: it is not necessary to submit this to the academic-management office. However, if any face-to-face processing is required, your DNI will be requested for identification purposes.
    • Students of the European Union: after registration, you must present the original and photocopy of your NIE or passport to the academic management. While you do not provide these two documents, the identification document of your country will be provisionally admitted by December 15, but these students will not be able to sign external internship agreements if they do not present one of the two documents. In case the required documentation is not provided before December 15, the registration of the subjects with the quotation of this student will be cancelled.
    • Non-EU foreign students: after enrolment, the original and a photocopy of the valid foreigner identification card (TIE) must be presented to the academic-management office, or a certified photocopy of the same must be sent by postal mail. Students who have not yet obtained the TIE have a maximum of three months from the date of registration to present the document.
  • Direct debit order - SEPA. This must be printed, signed and sent through the form enabled for this purpose to the academic-management office in the student’s faculty, after enrolment. Bank details must include the IBAN and BIC codes (the latter only if the entity is not in Spain). Only accounts from entities located in the European Union, Andorra, Vatican City, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland are accepted.
  • If you are 28 years of age or older, you must present the original and copy of an insurance policy that covers health care, accidents and civil liability, and which is valid in Spain. If you wish, you can take out complementary insurance offered by the UAB at enrolment.
  • For certain subjects or degrees, it is mandatory to take out complementary insurance, which will be pre-selected at enrolment.
  • In cases where a subject requires being in contact with minors, at the start of the course, you must submit a certificate of absence of sexual offences to the centre where this subject is taught. This certifies the absence of crimes of a sexual nature. This information appears on-screen when enrolling.
  • Document accrediting access to studies:
Access Path Accrediting Documentation

Students with PAU and similar

No documentation is required.
Students with PAU carried out in another autonomous community within Spain Application for the transfer of the home-university entrance-exam file.
Students with the following advanced technician qualifications in professional training: tècnic superior de formació professional, tècnic superior d’arts plàstiques i disseny, or tècnic esportiu superior and assimilated qualifications. No documentation is required.
Students with the entrance test for those over 25 years of age No documentation is required.
Students with the entrance test for those over 45 years of age No documentation is required.
Students who have begun studies their but have obtained a place in other studies by pre-enrolment No documentation or file tranfer is required.
Students with a positive resolution for admission due to a change of studies  Certificate from the university of origin stating both the student’s access path to that university and the corresponding qualification.
Transfer of academic transcript (students from Spain).
University graduates and assimilated Personal academic certificate and certified copy of the degree.
Students from education systems of European Union member states and other states that have signed international agreements in reciprocity There is no requirement to present the credential issued by the National University of Distance Education (UNED).
There is no requirement to present any documentation that accredits having passed the specialisation phase of PAU.

Documents required for registration, but which do not need to be sent:

Social Security affiliation number. During the registration process you can fill in the box NUSS (Social Security affiliation number). It is no essential to fill in this box nor to present any documents. However, this information will be required by the Academic Management Office before you do any work placements.

Conditions applicable for the 2024/25 academic year  Accrediting documentation
General grants for university studies

To be able to provisionally benefit from the status of a grant holder when enrolling and thereby, contingently, not pay the fees established by the Fees Decree as a precaution, you must have previously processed the application for a general grant for the 2024-2025 academic year and meet the academic requirements established in the pertinent call.

In September, you will have to re-submit the application form to update the data indicating the degree and university in which you have enrolled.

Equity grant

Once the academic year has started, if you have not yet applied for the general grant or if you do not meet the academic requirements, you can apply for an Equity grant through AGAUR.

This grant is for qualifying undergraduate and profession-oriented master's degree students.

If your grant application is rejected, regardless of whether you can lodge an appeal against this, you must precautionarily pay the corresponding fee in a single payment, which will be charged to your bank account from the date of the application’s resolution.


Conditions applicable for the 2024/2025
academic year
Accrediting Documentation
Secondary-School Honours Enrolment

Certificate of grades indicating the grade of Excellent with Honours. Of this was obtained school in Catalonia, you do not need to provide documentary confirmation.

Distinction for Higher Vocational Training (CFGS) Grade certificate showing the Distinction (also if obtained in a centre in Catalonia)

Family concession card issued by the Generalitat de Catalunya.

There is no requirement to present this if it was also submitted on enrolling for PAU.

If you do not have a valid family concession card on enrolment, you will be allowed 10 days to formally obtain one and inform your academic-management office of this, before registration.

Family concession card issued by other autonomous communities

Current family concession card.

If you do not have a valid family concession card on enrolment, you will be allowed 10 days to formally obtain one and inform your academic-management office of this, before registration.

Recognised disability of 33% or above  One of the following supporting documents: disability recognition certificate issued or validated by the Catalan Department of Social Rights; resolution or certificate issued by the Spanish National Institute of Social Security (INSS) or by a competent body in the corresponding autonomous community, or any other body established by article 2 of Spanish Royal Decree 1414/2006.
Victims of acts of terrorism (and their children and spouses) Administrative resolution.
Victims of gender-based partner violence in the area (and of dependent children) (*)

One of the following supporting documents: court conviction, protection order or any other judicial resolution that grants a precautionary measure in favour of the victim; report from the Public Prosecutor's Office, report from the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate or a report or certificate certifying that the applicant is being treated as a victim of gender violence, issued by one of the following services: Social Services; Unit for Combatting Domestic and Gender Violence pertaining to the General Directorate of Families in the Department of Social Rights; specialised intervention services (SIE), information and care services for women (SIAD), crime-victim care offices, public reception resources, entity subsidised by a specific Public Administration for the care of female ictims of male-partner violence. * (See details.)

The presentation of the required documentation within the indicated deadlines is an essential condition to carry out the correct processing of the applicant’s academic file, to formalise new enrolment or to modify a previous enrolment and/or to request specific academic services (certificates, degrees, transfers of file, etc.).

(*) Information deriving from the agreement on criteria to determine the status of a victim of male-partner violence for the purpose of exemption from university fees approved by the Inter-University Council of Catalonia, which establishes the validity of these documents for such purposes.