• Identity document valid at the time of registration:
    • Original and photocopy of DNI, passport or official ID (for EU students).
    •  Original and photocopy of TIE – foreigner’s identification card (for non-EU students). If you do not yet have a TIE, you should bring your passport and a photocopy of the application for the TIE, and you will have a maximum of three months to present the document.
  • Bank details (IBAN and BIC codes, the latter only if the bank is not within Spain) of a bank located in the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino or Switzerland.
  • Pre-authorised payment order – SEPA (download document here)
  • Two colour photographs. One should be handed in at the CatalunyaCaixa stand.
  • If you are 28 or older, you will need to present the original and a copy of a health, accident and liability insurance policy that is valid in Spain. Nevertheless, if you plan to participate in a mobility programme or international exchange, or taking practical training, you will need to contract the complementary insurance or mobility complementary insurance, accordingly.
  • If you cannot make the registration yourself, you will need to make a written authorisation for someone else, with your personal data and signature. This person will need to show your ID or an attested copy of it, as well as an ID photocopy that he/she will need to hand in together with your signed authorisation.
  • Document granting you access:
Access path Accrediting document
Students who have taken the University Entrance Exam You do not need to hand in any documentation.
Students who have taken the University Entrance Exam in another autonomous community Application form from your home university application to transfer your entrance exam record.
Students with Spanish national vocational qualifications (advanced): tècnic superior de formació professional, tècnic superior d’arts plàstiques i disseny, tècnic esportiu You do not need to hand in any documentation.
Students who have passed the exam for over 25s You do not need to hand in any documentation.
Students who have passed the exam for over 45s You do not need to hand in any documentation.
Students with a ruling from the UAB Rector's office accepting a change of studies Certificate from your university of origin showing how you accessed that university and with what grades.
Transfer of your academic transcript from there (Spanish university).
Holders of university qualifications or the equivalent Personal academic certificate and attested copy of your qualification.
Students from member states of the European Union or states with reciprocal international agreements You can hand in all documents issued in Catalan, Spanish or English. You can ask for a translation of French, Italian or Portuguese documents to the UAB Servei de Llengües . For any other languages you will need to attach a sworn translation into Catalan, Spanish or English.

You do not need credentials issued by Spain Distance Education University (UNED).
You do not need to hand in the certificate with the grades from the specific phase of the University Entrance Exam.

In order to register at a reduced fee you must submit the original and one copy of the following documents:
Conditions applicable for 2019/2020 academic year Accrediting document
General grants for university studies

Online application for the grant on the AGAUR website.

To take advantage of the conditional grant-holder status and not to pay, as a precautionary measure, the fees established by the Decree on public prices, you must fulfil the academic requirements established in the Grant Call and have obtained this grant in the 2018/2019 academic year, or -before registration- present the financial 2019/2020 accreditation issued by AGAUR in response to your request. You can request your accreditation at AGAUR website. At your registration, if the University has not received your accreditation from AGAUR, but you have it on paper, you can hand it in in your academic management office.

Equity grant

Online application for this grant on AGAUR website.
If you are taking any form of undergraduate degree or qualifying Master's degrees you can apply for it. This bonus can only be applied once the call has been resolved. It will before the deadline for receiving the third payment.

If your application cannot be processed as a result of missing documentation, or if you cannot prove that you fulfil the academic and/or economic requirements, your registration status will be changed independently of whether you present or lodge any kind of appeal in this respect. You must make a provisional payment of the resulting amount in a single payment which will be charged to your bank account from the date of the application decision. If the registration is modified after May 31, the Academic Management office of your centre will inform you of the payment options available.


Conditions applicable for 2019/2020
academic year
Accrediting document
Students who have been awarded a distinction in Batxillerat (LOGSE) Grade certificate.
This fees waiver does not apply for distinctions obtained for Higher Vocational courses.
Member of a large family Valid and renewed card.
If you have a personal large family member card you must present it along with the family card or a certificate issued at any delegation of the General Directorate for Families of the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, showing all the data included in the family card. Thanks to our collaboration with the University Entrance Office (OAU in Catalan), if you have taken the University Entrance Exam on this year 2016, you will not need to hand in your large family accrediting documentation. Nevertheless, being a new procedure starting this year, we recommend you to hand in the accrediting documentation anyway, to save you from any trouble. If when you register your large family member card is not valid, you have ten days to renew it and present the official receipt slip to the Academic Management office at your centre. Even when you have presented the official receipt slip you must bring the renewed card before the Christmas break or send it to the General Registry of the UAB before December 31.
People with disabilities (*) One of the following accrediting documents:
Attesting disability certificate issued or validated by the Department for Work, Social Welfare and Family, decision or certificate issued by IMSERSO or the region competent authority or any of the included in article 2 of the Royal Decree 1414/2006.
Victims of acts of terrorism (and their children and spouses) (*) Official accrediting documentation.
Victims of male violence in an intimate partnership  (and their dependent children) (*) The "Llibre de Família" family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or a certificate of cohabitation (convivència) for the family unit in the case of children over 21.
One of the following supporting documents: a judgement of conviction; a protection order; any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour; a report from the public prosecutor or the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate; a report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by a public administration agency — Social Services, Male- and Family-Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families, Specialist Intervention Services (SIE), Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD), Crime Victims' Assistance Office, or sheltered accommodation — or by an entity providing assistance to women victims  of male violence in an intimate partnership that is funded by a specific public administration body. **(See further details).

Presentation of the required documentation is an essential condition for the processing of your academic record, finalisation of the new registration or the modification of previous registrations and for requesting any kind of academic service (certificates, academic record transfers, etc.).

(*) You have to hand in your accrediting documentation when you enrol, or, at least, before the Christmas break or send it to the General Registry of the UAB before 31 December
(**) Information based on the agreement on criteria for establishing the status of victim of male violence in an intimate partnership setting for the purpose of exemption from payment of university fees, approved by the Interuniversity Council of Catalonia, which specifies the corresponding period of validity of these documents.