The Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona is aware of the increase in competition and the loss of the monopoly of transmission of knowledge and certification of titles.
Increasingly there is more competence for attracting students and resources among universities. The era of open knowledge forces us to rethink the value that university must bring to society, a point where transfer becomes a fundamental axis.
We see that there is an increase in the labour market of practical knowledge and continuing education, which implicitly can lead to a devaluation of the university degree against the experiences, abilities and attitudes of each person.
As a starting point, the objectives the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona poses to overcome current knowledge transfer challenges by 2030 are:
1. To promote the transfer of knowledge to society in all areas, so that it allows us to face the great challenges of our environment.
Within this objective, the following actions are proposed:
- To focus knowledge transfer on the main social and multidisciplinary challenges, with the aim of enhancing the UAB's role as a socially transforming institution.
- To promote a bidirectional transfer between university and society, knowing the social needs well and providing a response in collaboration with social entities, public administrations and business fabric.
- To consolidate the UAB as a community committed to systemically transferring knowledge generated to society to help respond to different challenges and demands.
- To strengthen the relationship with social and business actors, generating stable interaction and collaboration dynamics, and involving them in specific projects.
- To increase the visibility and social impact of the University's activities, especially in the social and humanities fields.
- To achieve the ability to influence society through the dissemination and transfer of knowledge at different levels.
- To promote the UAB Sphere in order to create new opportunities for development and knowledge transfer.
- To be able to foresee social tendencies by obtaining and analysing updated information of quality and having a prospecting team able to identify the main technological and social changes.