Work permit

Work permit for Students from outside the European Union

Please note: as a result of organisational changes with respect to work permits, before you start any procedure please contact the International Support Service.

Non-EU students who wish to work in Spain and have an offer of employement may apply for a work permit. This authorization has to be applied by the company who wants to contract the student. The procedure is outlined in this link from the Generalitat.

This permit only allows you to do part-time paid employment  (or full-time for summer months), as long as these hours are compatible with your academic timetable. The permit expires at the end of the employment contract and/or on expiry of your TIE (Foreign resident identification card), although is renewable.
For more information, contact with the ISS office.