Issuing certificates

Making a Request

Certificates must be requested from the Academic Administration Office in the centre (faculty/school) where you have carried out your studies. In the event of being informed that you do not meet all the requirements for obtaining your certificate, a period of 10 days shall be established during which any relevant documentation may be submitted and within which your case can be argued.

Diplomas can be applied for issuance at the relevant Academic Administration Office or online at

This document sets out the information needed to request issuance of your diploma if you make this request personally.


  • Application form & two photocopies of the same
  • Spanish national identity card, NIE (Foreign Resident Identification Number) or passport, & photocopy of that document
  • Family concession card & photocopy (if applicable).


Spanish certificates need to be legalised (i.e., be recognized as legally valid) for legal or professional purposes outside Spain. In the event that the diploma is collected by power of attorney and has not been signed by the diploma holder, it cannot be legalised. Legalisation consists of several steps:

  • Information required to legalise your certificate of official studies can be accessed via this  link.
  • Information required to legalise your certificate of UAB-specific studies can be accessed via this link.

Legalisation of the e-Degree-Substitute Certificate

If you need a legalisation (legal validation) of your Degree-Substitute Certificate, please contact the Academic Management Office in your faculty or school so that they can adapt it to the specifications of the Spanish Ministry of Education. An addition must be made to the document so that the Academic Administrator can sign the document electronically.

Once you are in possession of the modified and signed document, this must be sent by email to the following address:, before the date scheduled for the appointment, in order that the document can be verified.