These persons, together with their dependent children, are exempt from payment of fees for academic and administrative services, both for initial enrolment on a course and when repeating a course. They must pay for student insurance and the fee for specific services and learning support, and, where applicable, complementary insurance and any non-academic university services they request.
When enrolling, one of the following documents must be presented, together with the “Llibre de Família" family register in the case of dependent children up to the age of 21, or the certificate of cohabitation of the family unit in the case of children above that age:
a) Judgement of conviction for a gender violence offence.
b) Protection order or any other judicial decision to grant a precautionary measure in the victim's favour.
c) Report from the public prosecutor showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence.
d) Report or certificate showing that the applicant is receiving assistance as a victim of gender violence, issued by one of the following public administration services:
- Social services
- Male- and Family-Violence Unit of the Directorate General for Families of the Catalan Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families
- Specialist Intervention Services (SIE)
- Information and Assistance Services for Women (SIAD)
- Crime Victims' Assistance Office
- Sheltered accommodation
- Entity providing assistance to women victims of gender violence that is funded by a specific public administration body
- Report by the Labour and Social Security Inspectorate
Documents justifying status as a victim of male violence in an intimate partnership setting have the following periods of validity.
a) In the case of a conviction for a gender violence offence:
- If the definitive sentence is below 2 years the status continues for 2 years.
- If the definitive sentence is from 2 to 4 years the status continues for 4 years.
- If the definitive sentence is over 4 years the status continues for the same period as the sentence.
b) In the case of a protection order, a precautionary measure or public prosecutor's report, the status continues for at least a year, or for the duration of the precautionary measures if this is longer.
c) A certificate or report from victim-assistance services remains valid throughout the calendar year in which it was issued.
This fee waiver is applicable to officially recognised studies, not to those specific to a particular university.