Frequently asked questions about the enrolment process for official master's degrees

Yes, the documents you submitted online when pre-enrolling do not replace the hard copies that you need to submit when enrolling, except for documents that have a secure verification code. If you are an international student, especially, before coming, check all the originals, photocopies and other legalised documents and/or certificates required for enrolling. 
You can see what documents are needed here.

This is the direct debit order and you need to send it to your Gestió Acadèmica (Academic Management) office using the form provided. When enrolling online, on the payment screen you enter the account number for the corresponding direct debit. In subsequent years, you will only need to submit the SEPA again if you make the payment from a different current account. 

For IT issues with enrolment, please contact the IT Support Centre ( CAS).
Telephone number: 93 581 21 00

This is the Physical Activity Service of the UAB. If you sign up to this service, you can use its facilities for sports activities, take part in competitions, etc.  See its website for more information:

All queries should be addressed to the UAB Language Service itself:

If you want to enrol as a conditional grant-holder, exempted from paying first-time enrolment fees until your grant application is resolved, first take a careful look at the information on this page:

Keep in mind that the financial credential, the general grant and the Equity grant are each applied for separately. If you had the general grant last year, you don't need to apply for the financial credential, but you will have to make a new application for the general grant. 

Enrolment as a conditional grant-holder does not mean you have been awarded the grant: this must be applied for specifically every academic year. 

No, you can't enrol as a grant-holder. You will have to pay the normal enrolment fee and apply for the grant. Later on, if you are awarded the grant, the UAB will automatically make the corresponding reimbursement. 
In these cases we recommend making the payment in three instalments. 

If you have been awarded the financial credential, when you enrol you can mark the general-grant holder option. This way, you won't pay the academic fees for first-time enrolment until your grant application is resolved. If you get the grant, you won't have to pay these fees. If you don't get the grant, you will need to pay the amount due.

When a grant application is turned down, the UAB will take payment of the enrolment fees, in a single instalment and by direct debit from the account you provided when enrolling. You will get prior notification of this by email. 

In this case, you will only pay the €70 that all students are charged for specific services and support for learning, and the compulsory student insurance. 

No, there is no discount in university enrolment fees in this case. 

This is an insurance policy for accidents and civil liability offered by the UAB. 
You can sign up for it when you enrol. 
In some subjects and degree courses this insurance policy is compulsory (subjects that involve laboratory practicals, field trips, etc.). In this case, this option will already be selected in your enrolment form. 
You can find out more about this insurance here
If you have been accepted on an exchange programme for this academic year, you need to take out complementary mobility insurance. 

In this case we would advise you to select the complementary insurance box on the enrolment form, though it may already be selected if the type of studies you are enrolling on makes it compulsory. 
On this link you will find full information on the complementary insurance.

Enrolment at the UAB is for the whole academic year. 

Refunds are only possible if the cancellation was for reasons attributable to the UAB, or for health reasons duly documented by the student. 

You don't need to select this fee when enrolling. 
The fee is only charged to you when the enrolment is modified. 

The UAB has a protocol in place for transsexual, transgender and intersex persons to change their legal name to their preferred name. 
Contact your Gestió Acadèmica (Academic Management) to find out how to make this change.

Before contacting your Gestió Acadèmica (Academic Management) office or any other UAB service, we advise you to read the information available at If you can't find what you need, or there is a problem during the enrolment process, on this link you can find out how to contact your Gestió Acadèmica (Academic Management) office or the service that can best deal with your problem.