Open Researcher and Contribution ID
ORCID is a 16th dígit code which allows identifying the scientific production of a particular author.
It aims to end with the problem of ambiguities and duplicates in assigning authorship to scientific productions, whether that be because of similar names, or changes in the signature of one same author throughout his/her career.
- To have an unmistakable identifier of your scientific production.
- Due to its synchronization with EGRETA since it allows the import and export of data between both platforms.
- Key element with which to link the research activities of one same author found in EGRETA through the research portal of Catalonia (Portal de Recerca de Catalunya).
- Because ORCID is an independent, not-for-profit organisation.
- For its synchronisation with several bibliographical databases such as CrossRef, Europe PubMed Central, Web of Knowledge and SCOPUS.
From the EGRETA research application it is very easy to get an ORCID code. Steps to follow:
- Access EGRETA
- Access the space Editar Perfil>Metadatos>Identificación Personal>ORCID>Cree o conecte su ID de ORCID
- Click on the link and EGRETA will start the connection with the ORCID web
- Access the introduction of ORCID credentials and fill in the information requested until access authorization is requested
- Authorize access to the UAB and you will obtain an ORCID code that will be automatically inserted into EGRETA.
For any questions, contact email@example.com