Undergraduate enrolment FAQs
Here is a list of the most frequently asked questions about undergraduate enrolment:
If you are a first-year student, when you know that you have been assigned a place at our Center, we will send you an email informing you of the enrollment period and procedure and the documentation you must provide.
If you are a student of other courses, we will inform you by e-mail of the period and procedure for formalizing the registration.
All the information on the registration deadlines and procedure can also be found by consulting the Centre's website in the "Enrolment" section.
I can not come in person to do the enrollment, What can I do? Can someone else come?
Another person can come with your authorization. A piece of paper signed by you where your authorization is recorded is sufficient.
If there are justified reasons for not being able to formalize the enrollment within the assigned period, a change of date can be requested in advance to the Secretariat of the Center.
You will find a detailed list of all the documentation you need by clicking on your studies and the section "Documentation".
If you decide not to register for a complete year you can choose part-time registration and you will only register for half of the credits. Authorisation is automatic and no additional documentation is needed.
If you choose to take a full-time study load, you must enrol in:
- If you are a first-year student, you must enrol in all the credits that make up first year. If you are admitted to the UAB through a change of studies, through an advanced vocational training course or as a graduate from another degree, and you get credit recognition for your first course credits, you must enrol a minium of 30 of the recognised credits at your first registration and you can enrol other courses credits until reaching 60 credits.
- If you are not in your first year, you need to enrol in 42 credits for every academic year and a maximum of 78 credits.
- If you need less than 42 credits to complete your bachelor's degree, you must enrol in all the credits needed to finish your studies.
If you choose to take a part-time study load, you must enrol in:
- If you are a first-year student, you must enrol in a minimum of 30 credits and a maximum of 42.
- If you are not in your first year, you must enrol in a minimum of 24 credits and a maximum of 42.
- If you need less than 24 credits to complete your bachelor's degree, you must enrol in all the credits needed to finish your studies.
- Programs with only virtual teaching may establish a minimum number of enrollment credits of less than 30.
- Students who choose to enroll for less than 30 credits, at the time of enrollment, must request authorization that will always be accepted by the Center's Management and where they will be informed of the deadlines and compliance with the Permanence Regime, according to the article article 133 Term of permanence (article modified by agreement of the Plenary of the Social Council of July 23, 2015. Modification applicable as of the academic year 2015/2016) of Title V: permanence at the UAB (Title modified by virtue of the agreements of the Plenary of the Social Council of June 20, 2011 and July 23, 2015).
You are allowed as a EHEA undergraduate student, to change your study load twice throughout your studies. The change is applied to your academic record in the academic year in which you request the change.
- To enroll in the second year, you must have passed a number of 12 first year credits.
- To enroll in the third year, you must have passed a number of 60 first and second year credits.
- To enroll in the fourth year, you must have passed the entire first year and 120 credits of the first, second and third years.
- To enroll in the final degree project, it is necessary to have passed 2/3 of the total credits of the study plan.
Consult the Subjects that are recognized in the Cycle you have taken on the Center's website by selecting the Degree and the tab of the study plan, or by consulting the "Access to studies" and "CFGS students" section of this website.
You must present the certified transcript of the cycle and fill out the application for recognition. In the enrollment we will include these subjects as recognized and you will pay the % (stipulated in the decree of public prices for recognized subjects) of the price of the current credit for its incorporation into the file.