What we do
Functions of the Office
The International Projects Office carries out the following activities, both pre-award and post-award, within the scope of its responsibilities.
- Determine the areas of knowledge in which UAB research teams have expertise, in order to identify funding opportunities.
- Provide information about programmes and calls that fit specific research interests.
- Organize activities: information events, workshops, etc.
- Represent UAB research groups in international InfoDays, technological platforms and other international forums.
Assessment and planning
- Assess project ideas on the basis of the calls/topics.
- Establish a schedule for the preparation of the proposal (tasks and responsibilities)
Support for proposals acting as coordinator
- Advice on legal, administrative and financial issues.
- Prepare the budget.
- Provide support during the writing process, particularly on the non-scientific part.
- Provide support during the negotiation stage and in making possible changes.
- Organize the internal kick-off meeting: PI, department, economic reporting unit and economic management unit.
- Manage UAB coordinated projects of the framework program (H2020 / HEU).
- Manage budgeting for ERC projects: execute expenditure, perform financial monitoring, prepare situation reports, and prepare documentation for justifications and audits.