Wednesday, May 25 2022
Dia · Setmana
Micro and nanoplastic carcinogenics: what we know and how to advance using in vitro systems
The European project PLASTICHEAL, coordinated by the UAB, will conduct a webinar on 25 May to discuss the potential long-term effects of being exposed to micro and nanoplastics (MNPLs).
The activity will focus on the potential long-term effects exposure to MNPLs can have on human health. The event will be held online on Wednesday 25 May, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. CEST. To attend please sign up by filling out this form.
More information can be found here.
Place: Online event
Date: Wednesday 25, May2022 - 11:00h
End date: Wednesday 25, May2022 - 13:30h
Organiser: PLASTICHEAL Project
Monday, May 30, 2022
Symposium "New trends in advanced lithography and pattern transfer methods"
The Symposium "New trends in advanced lithography and pattern transfer methods" is organised by NFFA-Europe Pilot and will be held virtually on May 30 (13.00 – 17.00) and May 31 (9.00 – 13.00). The main scope of the Symposium is to present and discuss the latest advances in ultra-high resolution lithography and methods of pattern transfer, that include advanced electron and ion beam patterning, methods of self-assembly, dry etching, deposition and other techniques.The deadline for the abstract submissions is extended until January 31, 2022.
Updated information about the event
Date: Monday 30, May2022 - 13:00h
End date: Tuesday 31, May2022 - 13:00h
Organiser: NFFA EUROPE Pilot
Wednesday, June 8, 2022
ERC Proposal Reading Day Barcelona
The UAB and the FECYT have co-organised the 2022 Reading Day Barcelona. This initiative is an opportunity for applicants of the European Research Council grants to read the proposals that were funded in any of the previous calls. In order to participate, the reader must meet the following conditions:
- Be eligible for the next WP2023 calls.
- Be familiar with the ERC WP2023 call.
- Participate in a single Reading Day and read up to two proposals.
- Be a member of the research staff.
Registration (before May 22)
Place: Casa Convalescència (Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 171 · Barcelona).
Date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 09:50h
End date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 16:00h
Organiser: UAB and FECYT
Monday, June 27, 2022
Best practices for Techtransfer in HealthTech
It will be an encounter with some of the most influential players in the techtransfer worldwide:
- Elena Canetti, Partner at Inveniam Group. Former Vice President of Technology Transfer at Marqera LLC and former VP Research Collaborations at Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Antonio Gomez, Alliance Manager at The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Spain New Ventures Lead and scientific liaison for J&J.
- Bernard Munos, Senior Fellow at FasterCures (Milken Institute), founder at InnoThink Center for Research in Biomedical Innovation and Independent non-executive director at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.Advisor and board member of several companies
- Henric Rhedin, Director External Research & Exploration Coordination at Volvo Cars AB. Board member at SHT Smart High Tech AB. Former President ASTP-Proton. Founder of the Swedish Network for Innovation and Technology Transfer Support (SNITTS).
This is an online event that will take place on the following link
Date: Monday 27, June2022 - 12:00h
Organiser: Xartec Salut
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
AI applied to the fields of Health, Mobility and Tourism
The CIDAI (Center for Innovation for Data Tech and Artificial Intelligence) aims to generate, validate and transfer high value-added AI technologies to promote innovation in the strategic economic sectors of Catalonia, including public administration and the third sector. In this session, CIDAI will show the results and knowledge acquired during the execution of three high-impact projects started in 2021 and completed in May.
Place: Cibernàrium, Carrer de Roc Boronat, 117, 127, 08018 Barcelona
Date: Wednesday 6, July2022 - 10:00h
End date: Wednesday 6, July2022 - 14:00h
Organiser: CIDAI (Center of Innovation for Data Tech and Artificial Intelligence)
Friday, July 15, 2022
Presentation of the finalists of the "Validate your research" programme
During the past few months, the Parc de Recerca and the Doctoral School have paired up to offer an entrepreneurial programme entitled Validate your research which aims to foster knowledge transfer among PhD students. Now the programme is coming to an end, and on 15 July, participants will present the projects they have been working on and which represent examples of how research can be carried on into the market and viable business models created from research projects. To attend, please sign up.
More information on the projects presented
Place: Multipurpose Room, Eureka Building, Parc de Recerca UAB
Date: Friday 15, July2022 - 12:30h
Organiser: UAB Doctoral School and Parc de Recerca UAB