What is UAB Sphere?
The UAB Sphere is an environment of excellence, an ecosystem of knowledge, in which the research institutions linked to UAB coexist and cooperate in order to contribute to scientific progress and territorial development.
Currently, the UAB Sphere is made up of more than 40 research centers, which are:
- Research centers with their own legal personality, dedicated to research, whose legal ownership corresponds to other public or private entities and in whose governance the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona participates.
- Research centers with their own legal personality located on the campus of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Associated university research institutes in which other entities participate and inter-university institutes as defined in paragraphs 3, 4 and 5 of article 26 of the Statutes of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- The hospitals of the UAB Hospital Ring and its research institutes. The hospitals of the Hospital Ring are the health centers in which the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona teaches by virtue of the corresponding institutional agreement or any other collaboration agreement.
- Other research centers that have become part of the UAB sphere through specific agreements.
Information updated on 14.06.2023
Next update before 14.06.2024