Recognition and transfer of credits

Recognition of subjects


If you have completed university studies at the UAB or at any other university in Spain or abroad, or higher artistic education, you can request recognition and transfer of credits if you are admitted to other undergraduate or master's studies. These credits can be recognized whether you have obtained the corresponding official title or if you have not finished your studies.

The application must include all the teachings passed that appear in the academic record of the previous studies. The recognition of credits is carried out taking into account the correspondence with the learning results of the current study plan.

The recognition implies that the subjects that are considered equivalent will be recorded as passed, preserving the qualification of the original credits. These grades will be taken into account for the grading of the new record.

The recognized teachings are incorporated into the academic record when the payment of the credit recognition price is accredited (marked by the Generalitat de Catalunya Decree on prices). Once the credits are incorporated, they cannot be waived.

Credits that cannot be recognized can be added to the file as transferred. These credits will not count for the purposes of calculating passed credits or grading. In the event that you study simultaneously, the transfer cannot be processed.

Application form

The application must be submitted within the period fixed in the academic and administrative calendar and should be addressed to the office of the dean or the management of the centre to which the applicant has been admitted to take the new studies. It is delivered to the academic management of the centre itself, together with the following documents:

  • Application form.
  • Original of the receipt for payment of the fees established in the Generalitat Decree with respect to applications.
  • Personal academic certificates, Europass Certificate Supplement or a certified copy of the transcript stating the studies taken, the academic year and the grades.
  • Syllabus of the module or subject, stating the competences, the relevant content, and the number of credits or hours/weeks per semester or year, with the stamp of the previous centre.
  • Curriculum, or subject or module framework required to pass the previous course, issued by the previous centre, with the corresponding stamp.
  • Any other documentats the institution considers appropriate in order to process the application.

If the previous qualifications were obtained at a university outside Spain, the following documents must also be submitted:

  • Information on the grading system of the previous university.
  • If applicable, the corresponding translation completed by an official translator.

All documents must be official, issued by the competent authorities, and must be properly authenticated through diplomatic channels, according to the rules established by competent bodies, except the documentation from member countries of the European Union.

Related documents

Royal decree 1393/2007 of 29 October 2007, which established the Planning of official university studies was abrogated by Royal decree 822/2021 of 28 September 2021, which established the organisation of university teaching and the procedure for quality control. 

Application for recognition and transfer of credits
UAB regulations for degrees governed by Royal Decree 822/2021
Fees for university academic and administrative services for the academic year (2024-2025)
Support, Academic Recognition Service (SARU)
Grade-Point-Average Equivalent Calculator
Legalisation of official documents issued outside Spain (Ministry of Education)
Legalisation of official documents issued outside Spain (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation)