The FMUAB (Festa Major de la UAB) will once again be held on Thursday 8 November. The campus will be filled with stands, musical performances and cultural, supportive and sports activitieses. This year will be dedicated to refugees, under this year's university motto #UABrefugi: l'Autònoma acull. Read more
UAB and Johan Cruyff Institute create the first official master's degree in Sport Management. Admission open!
The Master's Degree in Sport Management begins in September 2016, offering specialist training in sport management. Teaching is in Spanish (on-site and online) and in English (online only ).
Career options on completing the programme are expected to include business management in the sports sector, management of sports clubs, management of events and sports facilities, marketing and sponsorship management, and business startups.
The UAB and the Johan Cruyff Institute have signed an agreement to work together on teaching, research and social programmes. The two institutions have agreed to offer a joint Master's Degree in Sport Management, set up a research chair, in collaboration with the Laureus Sport for Good Foundation, and cooperate on support for disabled persons in sport through the Cruyff Foundation and the UAB's Fundació Autònoma Solidaria. The agreement was announced on 19 November in a press conference at UAB Casa Convalescència (see the video above for a summary).
Training up top-class professionals
- Under the new agreement the UAB and the Johan Cruyff Institute will jointly deliver a master's degree in sport management. This is a programme that up to now belonged to the Johan Cruyff Institute and will now become a university master's degree comprising 60 ECTS credits linked to the Faculty of Business and Economics at the UAB.
Teaching is in Spanish (on-site and online) and in English (online only ). The first edition begins in September 2016 and admission is now open.
This master's programme seeks to train up professionals who can use the tools of sport management to spot business opportunities, optimise resources and analyse information for decision-making, among other skills. Particular emphasis will be placed on incorporating the principles of equality between men and women, equality of opportunities, non-discrimination and universal accessibility.
The master's degree is aimed mainly at graduates in physical activity and sport science, business management and administration, economics, marketing, tourism, and communication.
Expected career options are as follows:
- Competitive sport (professional sport clubs and event management).
- Governance (sports federations and associations).
- Sports facilities and events (championship organisation, sports clubs).
- Community sport (foundations or municipalities).
- Sport consultancy (personal business ventures).
- Sports journalism.
- Marketing and sponsorship (private or public companies).
Agreement between the UAB and the Johan Cruyff Institute Institute to work together on teaching, research and social programmes
Master's Degree in Sport Management