Wednesday, June 8 2022
Dia · Setmana
The UAB and the FECYT have co-organised the 2022 Reading Day Barcelona. This initiative is an opportunity for applicants of the European Research Council grants to read the proposals that were funded in any of the previous calls. In order to participate, the reader must meet the following conditions:
- Be eligible for the next WP2023 calls.
- Be familiar with the ERC WP2023 call.
- Participate in a single Reading Day and read up to two proposals.
- Be a member of the research staff.
Registration (before May 22)
Place: Casa Convalescència (Carrer Sant Antoni Maria Claret, 171 · Barcelona).
Date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 09:50h
End date: Wednesday 8, June2022 - 16:00h
Organiser: UAB and FECYT
Monday, June 27, 2022
It will be an encounter with some of the most influential players in the techtransfer worldwide:
- Elena Canetti, Partner at Inveniam Group. Former Vice President of Technology Transfer at Marqera LLC and former VP Research Collaborations at Yissum Research Development Company of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Antonio Gomez, Alliance Manager at The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Spain New Ventures Lead and scientific liaison for J&J.
- Bernard Munos, Senior Fellow at FasterCures (Milken Institute), founder at InnoThink Center for Research in Biomedical Innovation and Independent non-executive director at Glenmark Pharmaceuticals.Advisor and board member of several companies
- Henric Rhedin, Director External Research & Exploration Coordination at Volvo Cars AB. Board member at SHT Smart High Tech AB. Former President ASTP-Proton. Founder of the Swedish Network for Innovation and Technology Transfer Support (SNITTS).
Date: Monday 27, June2022 - 12:00h
Organiser: Xartec Salut
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
The CIDAI (Center for Innovation for Data Tech and Artificial Intelligence) aims to generate, validate and transfer high value-added AI technologies to promote innovation in the strategic economic sectors of Catalonia, including public administration and the third sector. In this session, CIDAI will show the results and knowledge acquired during the execution of three high-impact projects started in 2021 and completed in May.
Place: Cibernàrium, Carrer de Roc Boronat, 117, 127, 08018 Barcelona
Date: Wednesday 6, July2022 - 10:00h
End date: Wednesday 6, July2022 - 14:00h
Organiser: CIDAI (Center of Innovation for Data Tech and Artificial Intelligence)
Friday, July 15, 2022
During the past few months, the Parc de Recerca and the Doctoral School have paired up to offer an entrepreneurial programme entitled Validate your research which aims to foster knowledge transfer among PhD students. Now the programme is coming to an end, and on 15 July, participants will present the projects they have been working on and which represent examples of how research can be carried on into the market and viable business models created from research projects. To attend, please sign up.
Place: Multipurpose Room, Eureka Building, Parc de Recerca UAB
Date: Friday 15, July2022 - 12:30h
Organiser: UAB Doctoral School and Parc de Recerca UAB
Wednesday, September 21, 2022
After the success of the first edition, the i4KIDS network launches the second scientific conference dedicated to pediatric innovation and maternal and child health.
Check the program, the speakers and complete the registration here.
Place: CosmoCaixa · Barcelona
Date: Wednesday 21, September2022 - 09:30h
End date: Wednesday 21, September2022 - 17:30h
Thursday, September 22, 2022
The Barcelona Deep Tech Summit is an international congress focusing on scientific and technological entrepreneurship in which global and economic challenges will be analysed. Presentations will also be held of start-ups created at universities and/or research centres. The event will include 500 specialists and over 30 experts, in addition to the participation of international corporations and investment groups.
The Barcelona Deep Tech Summit was created by the Barcelona Deep Tech Node initiative, launched by the Barcelona City Council through its Barcelona Activa, and by Catalonia's public universities: the UB, UAB, UPC, UPF, and UOC.
The congress programme will be made available shortly at the Barcelona Deep Tech Summit website.
Place: Estrella Damm's Old Brewery (Antiga Fabrica Estrella Damm)
Date: Thursday 22, September2022 - 09:00h
Organiser: Barcelona Activa, UB, UAB, UPC, UPF and UOC