Rights of data subjects
Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR), which repeals Directive 95/46/EC, reinforces and adds to the rights conferred on data owners by Organic Law 15/1999, of 13 December, on Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), and its implementing regulation (RD 1720/2007), in order to fortify the rights and liberties guarantees of data subjects.
- Access: data subjects shall have the right to obtain from the UAB confirmation as to whether personal data concerning them are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data.
- Rectification: data subject shall have the right to obtain from the UAB without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate or excessive personal data concerning them, and the right to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Erasure: data subjects shall have the right to obtain from the UAB the erasure of personal data concerning them without undue delay that are inappropriate or excessive, and in all other cases specified in the legislation on personal data protection.
- Right to object: where the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller, or is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, data subjects shall have the right to object at any time to processing of personal data concerning them, on grounds relating to their particular situation.
- Right to be forgotten: where the UAB has made the personal data public and is obliged to erase them, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of those personal data.
- Restriction of processing: data subjects have the right to obtain from UAB restriction of processing in the cases specified in the legislation on personal data protection.
- Data portability: where the processing is based on consent or on a contract, data subjects shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning them, which they have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to third parties without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided.